• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Windows for a Plesk Build

W

webbit

Doing my first install of Plesk for Windows I was a little confused regarding which windows services Plesk required to be installed to have a functioning system that did not have any redudant components installed.

Nowhere could I find reference to which services or options to install IIS and or other services within windows itself. Should I install Mail services or not - I know we need it but does plesk install it or use windows service which should be installed already - until you have done an install you don't know.

Having done it now and with experience with Windows it is no problem but I would assume a lot of people would go astray and end up wasting time because there was no process to lead them through the basic windows install/configuration after they have run the Win2003 installation CD.
ie - Install IIS with FTP service, QOS packet scheduler on the NIC etc....

Win2003 Hardening for IIS

Thanks for the link.

Did you perform any win2003 hardening or IIS hardening process?

yes i did som IIS hardening process. I would however not like to publish all the results.

the maschiene is quite safe. we have so many hackers try during one minute and it still nothing happened.

Some versions of Frontpage are vulnerable to denial of service attacks - URL: /_vti_bin/shtml.exe

why plesk for win DON'T RUN WITH MY local link which is DHCP IP ADDRESS?
HELP!~

IP Address

Plesk requires a fixed IP address for hosting. Hosting on a dynamic address is not recommended as your clients may experience downtime when addresses change etc....

If you wanted to maintain your dynamic IP address then I suggest getting some sort of router which will get the dynamic IP address from your provider, then just allocate yourself a fixed IP address in a non routeable range - ie 10.0.0.0 or 172.16.0.0 or 192.168.0.0

Then enable port forwarding on your router to allow the required ports to get through to your plesk machine.

I hope this helps.
;)

thank u very much!
i have already change my isp to fix the problem,and installed the PLESK FOR WIN2003,I can run THE PLESK 7.0.3 IN WIN2003,but where can i fill the license which i bought with SWsoft,i can't find a place to fill these codes,there r too long!
can u help me!
THX!
:)

Licence Key

The licence for Plesk for windows is actually a small executable file that you run on the server. This installs the licence. You don't actually type in the licence key.

If you purchased a licence for Plesk for unix you cannot use this with Plesk for windows.

Back