• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question installing wordpress on web host

Sideq Sabri

New Pleskian
my web host already sore a website..is that ok if i install wordpress on the same web host?does it effect the old website. previously i build a web from scracth and upload it on httpdocs folder. but now i want to develop a new web on the same web host

It depends on the existing website, perhaps you can install wordpress in a subfolder and test it. Take into consider to create a subdomain as a separate webspace directory and install wordpress there and move it later on.

Easy way of installing Wordpress - Unzip the file, and use the FTP software to upload the files into your web host directory of your choice. If you want to install WordPress on your root domain name (like example.com), then you need to upload WordPress files to your website's root directory. Usually this directory is called /public_html/

1. Select Manage in Customer Panel for the relevant domain.
  2. Select Applications from the column on the right.
  3. Select the WordPress version that you would like to use and click install.

For test purpose best way as suggest would be get the installation first done on subfolder and once all the testing is done you can move the subfolder account to main site account by making few changes in Wordpress setting and file path.

Back