• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing Zend Optimizer in a box with Plesk running

M

MaRiOs

I'm trying to install ModernBill module ,a demo version to test it.
I get this message : Zend Optimizer not installed so i want to install it.

i've downloaded the right package from zend's website,but.. if i install it manualy, will it cause any probs to Pleks ?

I have installed the new Zend optimizer and have no problems with my plesk.

Just install from the install.sh and check your php.ini for the added lines. The install will make a symlink to php.ini in the Zend directorie. Just remove and copy back. Or leave it on the Zend directory.

I have Plesk Reloaded 7.5.2. and php 3.10.11

I also use the latest version of AgileBill 1.4.81 web site www.brighthosting.nl (still in development)

AgileBill is great, going better, but not perfect. It is cheap!!! SW-Soft is taking my butget :D

No problems with Zend Optimizer on a FC2 machine with Plesk 7.5.2 here.

You can select the php.ini on install . so it will leave Plesk's internal PHP version alone.

The installer asks you for the right php.ini to replace.

Therefore .. you don't have to worry that it messes with the wrong PHP on your system. (Plesk uses it's own PHP ).

Originally posted by BoXie
The installer asks you for the right php.ini to replace.

Therefore .. you don't have to worry that it messes with the wrong PHP on your system. (Plesk uses it's own PHP ).

ow..i didnt knew that..
so when i put a file index.php somewher in the server with the command phpinfo(); to see settings of php, the seetings that i see are the ones of the external php.ini ? or from the php.ini that Plesk uses?

Then you'll see the settings of the external PHP version ... the main Apache module ... that you and your customers use.

The Zend Optimizer will copy /etc/php.ini to /usr/local/Zend .. and place a symbolic link back in /etc/php.ini -> /usr/local/Zend.

Plesk uses it's own PHP version only for the control panel itself. So if you select to use the /etc/php.ini on the Zend Optimizer install (it will detect that one probably anyway) ... then it will leave Plesk alone.

Just run install.sh .. the rest is simple and clean.

Back