• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Seafile: Extension Installation Error

ccc3

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

I already have a Seafile instance running on a Debian 11 server which works quite well. Now I have an Ubuntu 22.04 server available where Seafile should also be installed.

I do the installation via the Plesk routine.

Unfortunately I can NOT get it to work.
To make it a little clearer, I have screenshotted the steps:

1. Install the Extension

zz000222

2. Installed successfully - so far, so good
:slight_smile:

zz000223

3. Open Seafile Panel and install the necessary packages

zz000224-1
zz000224-1852×732 129 KB

4. Installation starts

zz000225

5. Error message
:face_with_monocle:

zz000219

Logs showing this

zz000221-1
zz000221-11092×195 70.4 KB

Does anyone have any ideas and can help me solve the problem?
It would be awesome!

Best regards
Chris

The error can occur if a Seafile instance is already running. You can try this solution where "example.com" is the domain where Seafile is active with:

1. kill stuck processes of seafile for the domain in question:
# ps auxfw | grep seafile | grep example.com |awk {'print $2'} |xargs -i kill -9 {}

2. Recreate systemd units and configuration:
# plesk bin extension -e seafile restore-domain.php example.com

3. Re-start the seafile(replace jdoe with actual sysuser):
# sudo -H -u jdoe bash -c "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile.sh start"

If this does not work or seems like a complicated task, I recommend opening a ticket with Plesk support:

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

I have already rebooted the server, shouldn't the stuck processes have already been killed?

As mentioned above, if the provided solution does not help, please contact Plesk support.

is this here not the official Forum of Plesk?
Where should i open a ticket about my problem?

you are "Community Manager" - "Staff Member". aren't you responsible for passing this on to your colleagues?

This is a user driven forum. Staff tries to answer as many questions as possible, but some cases need an on-server investigation. Support staff can do that, on the forum this cannot be done.

wow i tried to create a ticket and now i didnt get any support from plesk cause i bought my license not from Plesk directly...what a great support

your own implemented extensions didnt work properly and now i have to buy a "support subscription"....thats really hard.

@ccc3 If you choose to buy your license from a reseller, your reseller is responsible for full Plesk support. If your reseller does not know an answer, they can get support and relate the response to you. If your reseller denies support to you, consider either buying the license from Plesk directly or from a reseller who fulfills the service agreement.

Your reseller license is normally much cheaper than the regular retail license price. You cannot realistically expect Plesk to deliver support for free when - on the other hand - you made a choice to not buy the license from Plesk, but from someone else. If you want the full service you need to pay the full price. If you opt to pay a much lower price you also have to accept limitations in the service.

Nevertheless, you have a 30 days free trial period with the Plesk support subscription, so even if you sign up for a subscription it is not going to cost anything. It's more than fair, considering that you expect full support but are not willing to pay the full price.

The offer with the service subscription is certainly good - but in my opinion not at all fair.
The question simply arises as to why you are using resellers who do not comply with any guidelines or are unable to provide support. I see the fault here more with you than with the reseller.

Let me give you an example:
If I buy a Mercedes in France, I can have it repaired free of charge by any contractual partner (reseller) in Italy, for example, in the event of a warranty claim - because Mercedes (the manufacturer) guarantees the functionality.

Are you unwilling or unable to recognize the parallels?
Sorry but I have to be so direct in this case.

Da Sie aus Deutschland kommen, kann ich auch in Deutsch verfassen:
Ich möchte nur ausdrücken das hier der Prozess nicht fertig gedacht wurde da ich ja schon sehr oft Beiträge hier gelesen habe wo sich Kunden von sogenannten "Resellern" genau über diesen Missstand beschwert haben.

-----

Courtesy translation by admin so that other users can read what was written in German:
"As you are from Germany, I can also write in German:
I would just like to say that the process here was not thought through, as I have often read posts here where customers of so-called "resellers" have complained about precisely this grievance."

Last edited by a moderator:
Aber ich werde wohl die Lizenz direkt bei Plesk beziehen um mir solche Diskussionen in Zukunft zu ersparen.
Ich hoffe nur, das nicht weitere Hürden auftauchen wenn ich Hilfe benötigen sollte (zB. Anzahl der Supportanfragen in Monat, etc, keine Ahnung was euch noch alles einfällt).

Können Sie mir bestätigen, das ich UNEINGESCHRÄNKTEN Support bei Lizenz Bezug direkt von Plesk bekomme?

-----

Courtesy translation by admin so that other users can read what was written in German:
"But I will probably get the license directly from Plesk to avoid such discussions in the future.
I just hope that there won't be any further hurdles if I need help (e.g. number of support requests per month, etc, I don't know what else you can think of).
Can you confirm that I get UNLIMITED support directly from Plesk when purchasing a license?"

Last edited by a moderator:
But I will probably get the license directly from Plesk to avoid such discussions in the future.
I just hope that no further hurdles arise if I need help (e.g. number of support requests per month, etc., I don't know what else you can come up with).

Can you confirm that I get UNLIMITED support when purchasing a license directly from Plesk?

There is no limitation to the number of support requests when having a support subscription (which is included if you bought your license directly from Plesk). Note that only supported Plesk versions are eligible for support.

Last edited:
Back