• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Interesting E-mail config problem

P

poker

Hi,

Situation:
Domain xyz.com on plesk server
Forms on that domain that send e-mail to [email protected]
MX records of xyz.com domain targets to other server

Problem:
User of a domain have an intern mailserver. MX op that domain targets to that internal mailserver.
But forms on that server will e-mail the filled in forms to a user of that domain. But the e-mail adres dosn't exist on that server because it is not responsible for e-mail.

Anyway how to fix this ?

T.i.a. P.

See if this fits your situation:
See this thread

should be right on. Basically you have to reconfigure a couple of Qmail's control files so it knows to send the email out to the external mail server (at your client's site).

The MX records only affect other SMTP servers trying to deliver to their domain. Since Qmail is 'local' to the Plesk server where their domain and script are located, you have to tell Qmail where to shovel the email to since it's not 'local' on the Plesk server.

thanks again.

Do i have to creat smtprouts, because I can't find it.

Any of the Qmail control files (in /var/qmail/control) which do not exist, then you would just create the file using a *nix editor such as pico/nano/vi/emacs

smtproutes is normally not present since it is normally not needed by default.

Back