• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Internal links won't work in Plesk for Windows

Daniel Reidmiller

New Pleskian
I have uploaded the site I built to a Linux server and I have no problems with the functionality of the site whatsoever. I tried uploading the exact website to a Windows Plesk server and have found the internal links don't work; each link I have to an outside site works perfectly but my internal links to other pages in the site don't, I get a 404 error.

Anyone have any ideas what I need to do? TIA.

@Daniel Reidmiller

In general, Windows Server locations (read: file and directory structure) are different from that of Linux based OSes.

It is very likely that you did not code or hardcode the directory references properly, resulting in a failure on Windows, whilst properly working on Linux.

Just try to use the full URLs on the Window machine, I certainly hope that it will suffice.

Otherwise, be more specific and provide some log output from the Windows server, when hosting the problematic site on that Windows server.

Please note there is a specific subforum for Windows, so please post your question and/or information over there.

Kind regards........

Back