• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Internal system error. Please contact administrator if the problem persists.

Stephen Wright

New Pleskian
I am really starting to get annoyed now with Plesk and Sitebuilder

I pay good money for this software and nothing seems to just work. After having no end of problems with installing Plesk 10 on my server, then after giving on it and wiping my server a previous backup wouldn't restore in 9.5.4, and with this new problem I am seriously hacked off.

Right, Sitebuilder 4.5 is installed. My machine is Windows Server Web 2008 64bit and all windows updates are installed. I also have Microsoft SQL 2005 installed too. All Plesk services are running.

When I try and access sitebuilder I get "Internal system error. Please contact administrator if the problem persists.". I followed the KB article as Parallels instructed and ran this command:

C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/2/ROOT

but I just get a list of aspnet_regiiis.exe commands and it doesn't appear to do anything. I also thought that possibly it may have been a bad installation so I tried uninstalling SiteBuilder and I got this:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Furthermore the sitebuilder links have disappeared from Plesk Panel now too. Why the hell does nothing just work with Plesk or Sitebuilder? I have already wasted way too much time trying to sort out what appears to be appalling software compatibility, but my clients need this stuff to work, and so do I.

Does anyone know how I sort this out, I am getting really annoyed now and would appreciate anyone's ideas. My server vendors are equally annoyed by the lack of compatibility, one techy said "I wouldn't use this stuff if there was a decent alternative" so it can't be just me with these problems, so any ideas welcome

---UPDATE---

When I got the error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer...." I also get this afterwards:

Fatal error during installation (Error code 1603) at Unable to execute C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\SiteBuilder\4.5.0\SBInst.msi"

Last edited:
Back