• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

IP address for hosting

JP Kelly

Regular Pleskian
I have 4 IP addresses assigned to my panel. How can I set which IP address is used when I create a new subscription with a service plan?

Sorry, you're right - was away from computer and couldn't check!

Have you got the IPs setup as dedicated or shared?

i.e., Tools & Settings -> Tools & Resources, IP Addresses.

Even with 0 sites assigned to that IP address I cannot make it dedicated. I get the error:
"Cannot change the type of IP address already allocated to a user. IP address 216.70.96.25 is already allocated to user(s) as shared IP address."

Even with 0 sites assigned to that IP address I cannot make it dedicated. I get the error:
"Cannot change the type of IP address already allocated to a user. IP address 216.70.96.25 is already allocated to user(s) as shared IP address."

The list of IP addresses configured on the server can be viewed from Home -> Tools & Settings: IP addresses management. Alongside the list of IP addresses you will find the status of each IP address (shared vs. dedicated) and the number of resellers and/or sites using each address. (The number of sites using IP address 216.70.96.25 will be greater than zero.) Click on that non-zero number to see which subscriptions are currently using the address (and then change each domain individually).

HTH,

The list of IP addresses configured on the server can be viewed from Home -> Tools & Settings: IP addresses management. Alongside the list of IP addresses you will find the status of each IP address (shared vs. dedicated) and the number of resellers and/or sites using each address. (The number of sites using IP address 216.70.96.25 will be greater than zero.) Click on that non-zero number to see which subscriptions are currently using the address (and then change each domain individually).

HTH,

Even when 0 subscriptions are assigned to the IP I cannot change the type to dedicated.

yeah I know I can change it directly in the database.
This has already caused enough problems with cached DNS data pointing to the wrong IP I'm going to let the dust settle.

Back