• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved IP Addresses

chrisguk

New Pleskian
I always wondered what the best practice is regarding IP addresses for Plesk. I will give you an example:

Would it be better to have to physical IP addresses 1 = dedicated and 1 = for shared use. The dedicated is of course used for admin and server connection including Nameserver Records and the shared for all user websites on that server?

Or

1 IP for everything?

We have many dedicated ip addresses, therefore, we use dedicated ip for different purposes and resources, clients can choose either to use shared or dedicated ip addresses for their website and different shared or dedicated ip for mail services since they are different nodes. One it reduces the attack, 2 it is easier to manage through firewall and resource allocation.

In plesk, hosting, DNS and mail are together but you do not really have to use its DNS or mail services. We use WHMCS so it create mail accounts for customers in different servers. For DNS, we use remote DNS server node and connect via slave dns....etc. I think if you have extra servers, you can use dedicated ip on different servers to allocate resources. From the other aspect, it is easier to manage the ip reputation.

Back