• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue IP from OVH blocked by spamhouse

hubert

New Pleskian
Hello, I have VPS and mu ip has been blocked by spamhouse. I have received the email from OVH that spamhouse wants OVH to pay them for deleting from the list BUT OVH will not do it bc its not fair etc. And that after a week the list should be cleared which in fact has not happened. Some of our emails go to spam folder of our clients. What can we do? We have bought a new ip from OVH which is not on the list. But what should I do to "repair" the problem. I have CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.39. And VPS on OVH of course. Please help me somehow. THX.

Hi @hubert ,
the IP was in the spam list or was added while is managed by you?

Anyway I suggest to do a test to check your spam score.
I will link an external service (so use at your risk) that give 3 free test every 24 hours, if I'm not wrong.
Is very useful and also know by many.

To do the test you need send an email from your domain to the temp address showed than wait some minutes, press the button on the page to check the score.
Be careful that sharing the link of the results will show your email address so, if you want keep private, never share the URL results.

What is your score and what suggestion to improve the score system show to you?

hello thx, so my score is 7/10 the biggest issue is that my A record is not connected with agitated-lewin.xx-xx-xx-xx.plesk.page, shall I do it? BTW now my ip has been removed from the spamhouse list.

hello thx
Hi, you are welcome!

my score is 7/10
Is not terrible but you can improve.

A record is not connected with agitated-lewin.xx-xx-xx-xx.plesk.page

You may want post a screenshot with your email censored about the result you had or you have in a new test if you have not the screen of the previous results? Details of the issue, the description may be useful on mail tester. Usually that helps to understand how to improve the score.

For have a good score you need DKIM, DMARC, SPF, a PTR record and maybe edit the hostname of the server.
You may have not configured the PTR record and this is important for email delivery!

now my ip has been removed from the spamhouse list

Great, happy to read that!

Back