• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IPsec with Plesk

M

martijng

Hello,

The next question that I have, is about IPsec in Windows.
Last Friday I configured secpol.msc on my Windows server. But the question is, "which ports does Plesk needs for good working?". The localhost ports as MySQL, I blocked them in IPsec, can that be the problem? Because, I was running phpsysinfo, and after running the script, the server went down. So, localhost ports are blocked. Can it be the problem?

Can somebody post the full list with ports of Plesk?

Kind regards,

Martijn Greven

Hello,

You will need to open port 8443 for control panel access.

Port 3389 for Rdesktop

port 80 and 443 for http and https

ports 25 and 110 for smtp and pop3

if you need remote access to mysql database u will have to open port 3306 in your firewall.

Thanks for your reply, but it's not correct.

You forgot DNS, FTP....

But I will give it an try again.

Code:
53/TCP	DNS
53/UDP	DNS
21/TCP	FTP
???/TCP	PASV FTP
80/TCP	HTTP
8082/TCP	HTTPmail
443/TCP	HTTPS
220/TCP	IMAP3
143/TCP	IMAP4
8443/TCP	Plesk
2006/TCP	Plesk SiteBuilder
5053/TCP	Plesk SiteBuilder
8402/TCP	Plesk SiteBuilder
110/TCP	POP3
995/TCP	POP3S
3389/TCP	Remote Desktop
25/TCP	SMTP
465/TCP	SMTPS

The Passive FTP port range is something you'll have to set separately, and depends on your FTP server. You may also have other applications and ports, like alternative (backup) SMTP and POP3 ports, and other administrative stuff (like Merak mail server). I've explicitly excluded remote access from database servers like MS SQL and MySQL because there really isn't a good reason for MOST servers to give remote administrative access to them. You can also change the port for RDP to make it less prone to attack.

You forgot one more.. for PMM : TCP port 6489 is used by default or you can customize other if necessary..
There are certain other ports as well, which are needed for Windows to work/function properly, you can use the Security Configuration Wizard to configure the firewall for your server.
It lets you choose between the ports which are meant to be open & the ones which are mean to be closed :)

Back