• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved IPv6 not working for sites

Joost de Bruijn

New Pleskian
I've a Plesk installation (Ubuntu 16.04.6, Plesk 18.0.23 mu3) running for some years and since some time IPv6 connectivity is broken. The internet adapter has both an IPv4 and IPv6 address assigned:

Code:
ens3      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 06:43:d2:xx:xx:xx
          inet addr:185.87.xxx.xxx  Bcast:185.87.xxx.xxx  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: 2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx/64 Scope:Global

In the Plesk UI for IP-addresses the IPv6 address shows a yellow warning sign with 'This address is not configured correctly. [Repair]'. Clicking that link doesn't resolve anything.

Using
Code:
plesk repair web <site>
it says:

Code:
IP address not found on interface(s):
  2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx .................................. [ERROR]

When I start repairing the configuration it says at the end:

Code:
  One or more IP addresses registered in Plesk
  (2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx) are missing from the server\'s
  network interfaces. Domains assigned these IP addresses
  ([list of sites])
  are unreachable. Assign valid IP addresses to these domains and
  rebuild the server configuration files ............................ [WARNING]

What's going wrong?

Hi Joost de Bruijn,

IP address not found on interface(s): 2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx .................................. [ERROR]

Could you please confirm that IPv6 address on the interface and the configured address for a domain is the same address on the same interface as before it was? Maybe it was changed somehow and currently it cause an error/misconfiguration.

Hi AYamshanov,

Thanks for the quick reply! I can confirm the IPv6 address on the interfaces and the configured address in Plesk are exactly the same.

I removed the IP-address from the Plesk installation completely and tried re-adding it:

Code:
plesk bin ipmanage --reread
-> Doesn't add the IPv6-address

Code:
plesk bin ipmanage -c '2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx' -mask 64 -interface ens3 -type shared
-> Results in:
Code:
ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/ifmng' '--add' 'ens3' '2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx' '64'] with exit code [1]
ifmng failed: Execution of /sbin/ip addr add 2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx/64 dev ens3 failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Hi Joost de Bruijn,

Could you please confirm that IPv6 address on the interface and the configured address for a domain is the same address on the same interface as before it was? Maybe it was changed somehow and filezilla rufus currently it cause an error/misconfiguration.
In the Plesk UI for IP-addresses the IPv6 address shows a yellow warning sign with 'This address is not configured correctly. [Repair]'. Clicking that link doesn't resolve anything.

I am having a similar problem to Joost de Bruijn, I do not see IPv6 addresses listed even though I can see both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are assigned. When I try to add the IPv6 address I am given the same error.

Hi pcraigmillard,

Could you please submit a report about this issue (Reports) with steps that help us to reproduce the issue?

@pcraigmillard The ability to submit reports appears only after five useful posts on this forum.
Thanks Igor. I submitted a support request and was directed that I was out of support- after using the plex migration tool to get a new instance running on the latest LTS 18 of ubuntu I was able to manually add and set the ipv6 address.

Thanks Igor. I submitted a support request and was directed that I was out of support- after using the plex migration tool to get a new instance running on the latest LTS 18 of ubuntu I was able to manually add and set the ipv6 address.

Igor might have been referring to bug reports in the special sub-section of this forum (not support requests). Submitting bug reports via the forum does not require a valid support license.

Back