• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved IPv6 not working for sites

Joost de Bruijn

New Pleskian
I've a Plesk installation (Ubuntu 16.04.6, Plesk 18.0.23 mu3) running for some years and since some time IPv6 connectivity is broken. The internet adapter has both an IPv4 and IPv6 address assigned:

Code:
ens3      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 06:43:d2:xx:xx:xx
          inet addr:185.87.xxx.xxx  Bcast:185.87.xxx.xxx  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: 2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx/64 Scope:Global

In the Plesk UI for IP-addresses the IPv6 address shows a yellow warning sign with 'This address is not configured correctly. [Repair]'. Clicking that link doesn't resolve anything.

Using
Code:
plesk repair web <site>
it says:

Code:
IP address not found on interface(s):
  2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx .................................. [ERROR]

When I start repairing the configuration it says at the end:

Code:
  One or more IP addresses registered in Plesk
  (2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx) are missing from the server\'s
  network interfaces. Domains assigned these IP addresses
  ([list of sites])
  are unreachable. Assign valid IP addresses to these domains and
  rebuild the server configuration files ............................ [WARNING]

What's going wrong?

Hi Joost de Bruijn,

IP address not found on interface(s): 2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx .................................. [ERROR]

Could you please confirm that IPv6 address on the interface and the configured address for a domain is the same address on the same interface as before it was? Maybe it was changed somehow and currently it cause an error/misconfiguration.

Hi AYamshanov,

Thanks for the quick reply! I can confirm the IPv6 address on the interfaces and the configured address in Plesk are exactly the same.

I removed the IP-address from the Plesk installation completely and tried re-adding it:

Code:
plesk bin ipmanage --reread
-> Doesn't add the IPv6-address

Code:
plesk bin ipmanage -c '2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx' -mask 64 -interface ens3 -type shared
-> Results in:
Code:
ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/ifmng' '--add' 'ens3' '2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx' '64'] with exit code [1]
ifmng failed: Execution of /sbin/ip addr add 2a00:xx:xxx:x:xxx:xxxx:xxx:xxx/64 dev ens3 failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Hi Joost de Bruijn,

Could you please confirm that IPv6 address on the interface and the configured address for a domain is the same address on the same interface as before it was? Maybe it was changed somehow and filezilla rufus currently it cause an error/misconfiguration.
In the Plesk UI for IP-addresses the IPv6 address shows a yellow warning sign with 'This address is not configured correctly. [Repair]'. Clicking that link doesn't resolve anything.

I am having a similar problem to Joost de Bruijn, I do not see IPv6 addresses listed even though I can see both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are assigned. When I try to add the IPv6 address I am given the same error.

Hi pcraigmillard,

Could you please submit a report about this issue (Reports) with steps that help us to reproduce the issue?

@pcraigmillard The ability to submit reports appears only after five useful posts on this forum.
Thanks Igor. I submitted a support request and was directed that I was out of support- after using the plex migration tool to get a new instance running on the latest LTS 18 of ubuntu I was able to manually add and set the ipv6 address.

Thanks Igor. I submitted a support request and was directed that I was out of support- after using the plex migration tool to get a new instance running on the latest LTS 18 of ubuntu I was able to manually add and set the ipv6 address.

Igor might have been referring to bug reports in the special sub-section of this forum (not support requests). Submitting bug reports via the forum does not require a valid support license.

Back