• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Is here a bug in lets encrypt mailer?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
I got this message
The following domains of Name (login admin) have been secured with Let`s Encrypt certificates:

<none>

The following Let`s Encrypt certificates for Name (login admin) have been renewed:

* 'Lets Encrypt example.com'
- example.com

Why I get the first line with "none"?

And why is that included there? This mail is the automatic mail for renewed certificates. There can be no "new" certificates there.

Because instead of having two email templates, the little person who lives in your Linux box just types out one!

But yes, in an ideal world, the first portion would be suppressed if there are no new ones and same for renewals if there are no new referrals.

I have no problem with this information being included there. This is just a question, I am not saying that the information in the mail is wrong. Even though it should probably appear as a second item rather than first. But my question remains. Why the first point is included at all. Under which conditions can it contain something?

If I give SSL to a domain, I don't get any mail for it yet. When domains renew the certificate, then I get a mail and I did not notice this point so far and with this renewal of the certificate there will never be a new domain included. So how will the point ever get content?

The subject of this mail is "Let`s Encrypt certificates for NAME have been issued/renewed"

Correct, as @Peter Debik pointed out the first part is strictly for the initial issuance of the SSL certificate.

Ideally it really should be in two different messages or the empty part should be suppressed but that might be splitting hairs at the moment.

Back