1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it good or bad to use apt-get on a Plesk-system?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bartjenl, Oct 12, 2005.

1. bartjenl

bartjenl Guest

I installed apt-get on my Fedora Core 2 server with Plesk installed for the easy installation of new packages.
    Now apt-get advises me to upgrade this package:
    apt-get -fs install
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Correcting dependencies... Done
    The following extra packages will be installed:
    perl-MailTools
    The following packages will be upgraded
    perl-MailTools
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 60 not upgraded.
    Inst perl-MailTools [1.62-1.fc2.swsoft] (1.67-1.1.fc2.rf dag:Fedora Core 2/Unknown, Unknown:Unknown/Unknown)
    Conf perl-MailTools (1.67-1.1.fc2.rf dag:Fedora Core 2/Unknown, Unknown:Unknown/Unknown)

So perl-MailTools from version 1.62-1.fc2.swsoft to 1.67-1.1.fc2

A "rpm -qa" shows more of those packages ending with .swsoft. It seems that they have been installed together with Plesk, but will they still work together with Plesk when I install a non-.swsoft-version?
    I'm still some kind of *NIX-n00b and Plesk-n00b so if I ask something weird, simple or easy, excuse me ;)

Another example of this is that at the moment php-4.3.10-2.4.1.swsoft is installed. Can I upgrade that to a normal php-5 rpm-installation?

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%