• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Is it possible to bind the Plesk interface to a single IP and port?

mike_art03a

New Pleskian
I know the title sounds a little misleading, but I didn't know how else to describe it shortly.

Here's my dilemma, I have a few IP addresses on my server and the Plesk interface binds to port 8443 on all of them. I'd like Plesk to only respond to port 8443 on the server's primary IP address instead of the others, I intend to use them for other services and want to avoid potential conflicts. I am well aware of the Custom URL feature, but that still presents the port 8443 issue on all my other IP addresses. I've blacklisted them in the panel.ini file, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I've been able to bind the other services (Apache, MySQL, etc.) to the main IP using their respective configuration files, but Plesk is the one that's eluding me and I'd rather not go breaking things if I can avoid it. So if anyone's been able to do it, think you can share your secret?

Thanks for the advice, tips, etc. ahead of time.
- Mike

[Edit: Answered my own question... it was buried 4 levels deep in the documentation. :rolleyes: For those interested: Moving the Plesk GUI to a Separate IP Address ]

Last edited:
Back