• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is it possible to completely remove postfix from server?

nejck666

New Pleskian
Hi,

i'm using this server only as webserver, therefore I'd like to remove all the stuff I don't need...

One of them is also postfix mail server since I already got listed on one or two blacklists.

Any hints on how to do that? :)

tnx,
nejck

You can't remove any MTA from Linux because it is one of base part of operating system.

and beside of that, if you are saying that your not using it but are blacklisted. I would be worried :) Postfix is light so don't worry about the resource savements.

problem was it was running... even if I shutted down the service in plesk... after a day or two postfix is running again :(

you could always try rpm -e postfix --nodeps and see what happens. It may cause some problems with other items since other apps may expect a MTA to be present.

you could always try rpm -e postfix --nodeps and see what happens. It may cause some problems with other items since other apps may expect a MTA to be present.

Exactly. It is really bad idea to stop or remove MTA on Linux system.

Back