• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is it possible to initiate WP Integrity Check (verify-checksums) via WP Toolkit API?

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.55 Update #1
Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that it is not currently possible to initiate a WP Integrity Check via the Plesk WP Toolkit REST API?

I'm referring to the function in WP Toolkit web UI: Check WordPress Integrity -> Verify Checksums

Can this be triggered via the WP Toolkit REST API?

It seems it's only possible to check the status of a WP core reinstallation task? Or, am I missing something?? The docs show only a GET function, no POST.

Installations.Features.Integrity​

GET/v1/installations/{installationId}/features/integrity

Get information about WordPress integrity check

Any plans to implement this? It would be great to be able to trigger this from a script and run from a cron job to check all WP site core checksums on a regular basis. Currently, it seems this is only possible via the Plesk Panel web UI, and even there it can only be done on an individual basis, not in bulk on all sites.

How about with the XML-RPC API -- is it possible to do it using this?

Any assistance appreciated.

Unfortunately, at the moment you cannot initiate the integrity checking or the core reinstalling processes using API. We plan to add these REST API methods in the future.

Unfortunately, at the moment you cannot initiate the integrity checking or the core reinstalling processes using API. We plan to add these REST API methods in the future.
Thank you for confirming for me.

In the meantime, I'll use the CLI. I have a wrapper script that loops through all WP instances and can run WP-CLI commands, so that will do the trick.

plesk ext wp-toolkit --wp-cli -instance-id {ID} -- {WP-CLI-COMMAND}

Yes, it's possible to check the integrity of Word Press and the malware infection. And cPanel Word Press toolkit automatically checks it. But sometimes it can create a false match because of not verifying and working by the word press Api. And it can be happened when your word press Api is unavailable.

Yes, it's possible to check the integrity of Word Press and the malware infection. And cPanel Word Press toolkit automatically checks it. But sometimes it can create a false match because of not verifying and working by the word press Api. And it can be happened when your word press Api is unavailable.
One thing i forgot i add, try to avoid nulled versions of themes and plugins because the chance of malware and hacking sgets increases. As i had the website regarding <website> services and i was using nulled versions of important plugins. because the plugins were necessary. But it got hacked and found lot of chinese language urls in SERP. So, avoid these mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back