• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

is it possible to roll back from plesk v10 to ver9 safely?

humpy

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
Apologies to plesk development team, as I am sure you guys have done a massive pile of work to make version 10.

However, I am struggling with the new system and controlling user accounts. I would very much like to roll back to the last version of plesk 9. Could anyone advise me if this is safely do-able, and what the steps are to ensure i dont wreck the server and hosted sites etc in doing so?
thansk in advance
will

Me too. This version was not ready for release and I am fighting it on all fronts. I would love to go back to 9.5.x. This version simply doesn't work and while there are a lot of fixes posted for some of the issues, the release is overwhelmed with bugs and it seems you can't fix them all. One glaring issue that hasn't been solved is the outgoing mail. If you aren't a Postfix expert, you are pretty much screwed hunting through the master.cf and main.cf files and db files, etc. I am so desperate to get my client's sites back to normal email service, along with solving other issues, I am considering an OS reload with 9.5 to get that panel back.
Any info on a safe rollback would also be appreciated here.

Thanks

Last edited:
is there anyway to export the data and do a full 9.5 re-instal and re-import the data ? or some other way of manually going back to an earlier version?

i think no. P10 has a whole new structure. its not just import/export you have to convert many things back to old plesk9 structure to do this.

you should use an old plesk9 backup and reinstall your server with this backup.

i would have done that already but my latest 9 backup is corrupt, and my only reliablee 9 backup is over 6 months old now... REALLY starting to sweat ....

sorry i know this dont help you but: doing a major update without a working backup and without testing the new version on a testing server is very bad way for every software not only plesk.

i know that a clean installation of plesk10 works much better then an upgraded one.
do you have the possibillity to setup a new server with a clean plesk 10.0.1 installation? after this migrate your customer data to the new server. there are some migration bugs till now which require a little bit handwork but most things work.

Try migrating corrupted data from a failed 10.0.1 upgrade to a new machine after a hard drive malfunction.

To talk about nightmares, I have spent the last 5 days running on about 3 hours of speep each night while recovering from this upgrade disaster. My CS phone line has been ringing off the hook with upset customers. The stress is intense.

Addition: I can see my original post was edited and much of it was removed. Parallels forum moderators, why are you censoring our posts that containt a little bit of negativity or haste???? Perhaps you don't want people to know real opinions of your premature software releases!

Last edited by a moderator:
very poor

Since updating my plesk to 10 a few days ago, I have had a multitude of problems, including my web server will no longer start.

There should have been a roll back implemented.

I've been using plesk since about 2002. Plesk 10 is the worst release that they have made.

arrrr

I've been using plesk since about 2002. Plesk 10 is the worst release that they have made.

this is the sort of stuff a *class action lawsuit* is made from... we should be paid beta testers for making this jump. i can't believe this was ever released to the public. shame on me for foolishly upgrading.

Yes it totally screwed up our operation to the fact that we are looking into going Cpanel....which is very sad since we didn't really like Cpanel and after being a Plesk users for all those years...

JUST A WASTE.

Plesk needs to test their bugs before releasing them to the public. We run servers with real businesses.

We run servers with real businesses.

Sorry for asking again but if you say you are a real business why do you update a software that is important for your business to run with "closed eyes" to a new major version??? no testing before the update to check the software the new functions and so on???
i am a hosting provider too and in my oppinion its my job to test ALL products we use to provide my customer a good solution!

i fully agree with you plesk has lots of bugs in version 10.0! and i dont know how parallels could release it as a final... and there is no update till now:(

but i cant understand how many people say "my business is going down because i pressed the update button".

Yes we are a real business, but that is not the issue. The issue is, IS PLESK a real business? Why are they having clients alpha test their products? Plesk 10 surely is not even in a beta stage.

Real businesses like Swsoft Plesk should provide a stable software environment especially since they charge more than any other hosting software. Next, everybody knows that good programming requires backwards compatibility. So Igor says you cannot downgrade to Plesk 9?

If plesk wants beta testers, they should not use their clients....................................................especially us.

Sorry for asking again but if you say you are a real business why do you update a software that is important for your business to run with "closed eyes" to a new major version??? no testing before the update to check the software the new functions and so on???
i am a hosting provider too and in my oppinion its my job to test ALL products we use to provide my customer a good solution!

i fully agree with you plesk has lots of bugs in version 10.0! and i dont know how parallels could release it as a final... and there is no update till now:(

but i cant understand how many people say "my business is going down because i pressed the update button".

Next, everybody knows that good programming requires backwards compatibility. So Igor says you cannot downgrade to Plesk 9?

Sorry, but can you downgrade Windows 7 to Windows XP or MacOS X Snow Leopard to MacOS X Tiger?

It would REALLY be nice to downgrade the 10.alpha release to a stable ver 9.x!

My specific issue has been elevated to Parallels second line of support without ANY solution... I used to have a server I could rely on day to day with uptimes greater than 4-6 months. Now I have a server that I'm afraid to sneezeon or really make any sort of change. The *new* Business section is complately fubar'd. My SSL certificates bit the dust and my apache2 installation has taken the biggest hit.

Shame on me for *trusting* Parallels to release a solid update. I have had minor upgrade issues in the past and unfortunately I got too comfortable with my Plesk product and jumped on this upgrade. In the end, is this my error in judgment or, Parallels releasing software with major flaws that bring down my server and service. Keep in mind that we pay for this solution...

Plesk 9.x and 10.x is really different products with different business logic, interface, features, etc. There are a lot of database structure changes and additions, configuration changes, file locations, etc. How you imagine downgrade in that case? Can you downgrade Windows 7 to Windows XP, for example? Nobody reads the documentation. In many cases if something works not how you have got used in 9.x version, it is considered as a bug. People are conservative. Always absolutely new products caused misunderstanding. It is normal.

In many cases if something works not how you have got used in 9.x version, it is considered as a bug. People are conservative. Always absolutely new products caused misunderstanding. It is normal.

This has NOTHING to do with misunderstanding the logic of how something works. I have been in communication with Parallels support for almost a month now without a solution to a bug that takes down my apache2 servive ANYTIME a client makes a change to their hosting preferences. Parallels support has replicated this bug on their test servers and it should be fixed in the next release. When is the next release? I have not a clue...

I didn't say that there are no bugs in 10.x version. I just say that many complaints arise from misunderstanding.

Back