• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

is it possible to roll back from plesk v10 to ver9 safely?

I got too comfortable with my Plesk product and jumped on this upgrade. In the end, is this my error in judgment

yes i think we have two different problems here you should think about.

1. Plesk10.0 has lots of bugs, many of them like migration bugs on every system, cant understand how parallels could not find this bugs. and we have seen no patch for 3 month. this is a shame and parallels should change there internal logic i think!

2. Plesk10 is a new product! so many changes since version9 and useful changes! but many of you press this update button without testing this new product, without reading new manuals and changelogs, or the forum with bugreports. would you do that with any other software? i think no. sorry thats NOT business like.

as igorG said: can you downgrade Windows, Ubuntu? no. why not doing a full server backup before updateing? then you can easyly go back to 9.x

yes i think we have two different problems here you should think about.

1. Plesk10.0 has lots of bugs, many of them like migration bugs on every system, cant understand how parallels could not find this bugs. and we have seen no patch for 3 month. this is a shame and parallels should change there internal logic i think!

2. Plesk10 is a new product! so many changes since version9 and useful changes! but many of you press this update button without testing this new product, without reading new manuals and changelogs, or the forum with bugreports. would you do that with any other software? i think no. sorry thats NOT business like.

as igorG said: can you downgrade Windows, Ubuntu? no. why not doing a full server backup before updateing? then you can easyly go back to 9.x

I agree that administrators needs to do proper testing as well as backup before upgrading, but comparing Plesk to operating systems is just a wrong analogy.
i have been testing Plesk 10 for a few months now and just getting ready to upgrade but that will be after i am certain, i can do a bare metal restore.

Sorry, but can you downgrade Windows 7 to Windows XP...

Um.... yeah actually you can...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971760

Besides Plesk isn't an operating system it's an application - and even if you WANT to consider it and OS well... both windows and mac have "system restore" like features that will let you roll back any software application that you've upgraded or installed. (provided you make a restore point before the upgrade). What's plesk's excuse? lol

Plesk has been known to have some of the worst bugs in the history of control panels. And with such a massive overhaul on the system with version 10 it would have been prudent to have some sort of failsafe rollback in the event that parallels isn't perfect and didn't have all the bugs worked out before releasing. I mean the extra 2 months of work to add the rollback feature would have saved you probably $100,000+ in support calls, emails, posts, and even lost business by frustrated patrons...etc. I'm just saying is all...

Sometimes you've gotta take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

Back