• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Is Mysql or Maria DB on Plesk Onyx?

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
hello fellas, i would like to know if is installed Maria DB or Mysql on Onyx version.

i'v checked Plesk components and its show mysql 5.5.50-1.el7_2

by ssh i got: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.50-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

if is Maria db how can i update this to the latest 10.1 ?

thanks

Centos 7 - 64bits

Jeeezz!! Is Onyx still shipping with the outdated version of Maria-DB? Why is there no MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 support? It is much faster!

Hi speedbird,

you really shoudn't blame Plesk for that, because as you might notice when you read: => Software Requirements for Plesk Onyx > Supported Third-Party Components > Database servers and tools

• MySQL 5.1 - 5.7
  • MySQL community edition 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
  • PostgreSQL 8.4-9.5
  • MariaDB 5.5, 10.0, 10.1

... Plesk certainly supports MySQL 5.6 + 5.7 when you use Plesk Onyx. ;)

If a user installed an outdated database server on his server, Plesk will certainly not change that, if the installed database server is supported by Plesk. :)

Thanks for pointing that out! I always thought Plesk comes bundled with a database software on its own loaded from plesk repos. It's great to know that I can use newer versions and everything still works. Thanks!

Back