• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is suhosin not included on Plesk 12.5? It was on my old version 10.4

Dan Mikkelsen

Basic Pleskian
Just a quick question, I cant seem to find this extension in the phpinfo() or any other places.
My server is running Debian 7.5, don't know if this has something to do with it.
Has it been dropped in the big update, and if so, how come?

Ok, but i never installed it on my old server with plesk 10.4.4 (also debian but v6.0), so I just assumed it was a normal PHP security feature that came preinstalled with debian or with Plesk.
But are there other PHP extensions pre installed in 12.5 that are just as good or pretty much the same? Just to know if I easily could exclude suhosin and still have some good security features.

Also, has people tried installing it manually on a plesk 12.x server? I'm just scared it might ruin some settings that make plesk itself or some of the customer websites unusable.

I'm not familiar with Debian but you can quite easily compile Suhosin and use it with whatever version of php you use.

However, I'm finding it less and less useful these days.

Back