• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is there a low maintenance, easy way to turn on Cloudflare for domains on a plesk server?

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.49 Update #2
I'm guessing the answer is no?

I saw that the CloudFlare servershield extension was removed by Cloudlfare a couple years ago?
And with there being many details and settings for DNS, plesk, cloudflare... easy is not part of the install process?

thanks for the input

Easy meaning... it works "out of the box".
IF you want or need to "Tweak" settings, just then have a simple FAQ, like so:

if you want _________ then do this _______.
if your website is __________ then you might need this_________.
if your website has this problem ____________ then you might need to do this __________.

KNOW THESE FACTS:
1) ____________________
2) ____________________
3) ____________________

easy means easy, I don't make me read 20 pages of documents to comprehend something.
don't ask me "loaded" questions that have 10 different scenarios.

yes, the concept is really simple, but technology today is really complex.
that should not be reason a simple extension doesnt' exist, but just make it work out of box AND then give me easy to follow details, for when my certain domain doesn't follow a simple standard.

:)

I've came across this Cloudflare DNS Extension on Github a while ago, create by a Plesk user. However it hasn't been updated for over 4 years and some other github users reported issue with it as well. Haven't tried it myself. If you're in for a challenge you might want to give it go.

Other than that I am afraid there are no out of the box Cloudflare integrations for Plesk.

Cloudflare discontinued the endpoint, so really, no. Same issue with the cPanel plugin they created. They stopped development, I hacked in support for their Jupiter theme, they discontinued the API it depended on, and it's now broken. There are other panels like ApisCP that can support Cloudflare however, so it's possible - but existing extensions i'm seeing are needing to go back to the drawing board. There is nothing that I've seen plugin-wise that works any longer.

Back