• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Is there a way to configure Plesk to use a Windows Authentication login?

Joel Beazelman

New Pleskian
I have a bunch of sites setup in Plesk. Most of them are running MSSQL hosted by the same server. Each database is supplied with it's own MSSQL login credentials. This allows me to connect to each database remotely. I disabled the sa account because it's extremely bad practice to expose this account publicly. According to MSSQL experts, it's a matter of time before a hacker manages to penetrate a server using the account. Also, when I briefly turned it on for about a day, I noticed thousands of failed login attempts from Chinese IP addresses in the even viewer.

While I can login to the databases remotely, I can't manage or back them up using plesk. I tried to find documentation describing how to use a Windows Authentication account with Plesk, but I wasn't lucky. Is there a way to configure Plesk to use a Windows Authentication login?

Most of this is really Microsoft. They could have enabled or disabled remote access on a per login level.

Back