• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Is there an option to copy whole Domain to another

PQuest

New Pleskian
I wonder if there would be an simple option to copy a whole domain to another e. g. name1.mydomain.com to name2.mydomain.com with all the users, databases etc.
I would not like to go through the whole process again of new customer creation, domain creation, domain users and cp users creation, ftp and db and dbusers. Normally I shall be able just to do a clone. I wanted to mention that the website's files would not much matter here. I more need the website's base to be copied and not its files.

I tried the option to copy a domain, but this is not exactly what I wanted. Maybe someone knows something else.

thanks, but I do not have a Wordpress site. Is there something what would work with all sites equal-wise?

thanks, but I do not have a Wordpress site. Is there something what would work with all sites equal-wise?
I do not think it's possible to do what you say. You can automate part of the cloning tasks thanks to the tools that plesk provides for this task.
But there is a part that you have to generate manually such as FTP users or email accounts.

Even so, sure that some partner with more experience can give us more information.

It is not possible to copy a website including users, database etc., because databases and users have unique names. When such objects are copied, the software needs to change their names, the database user name and finally would need to update configuration files of the software to reflect these changes. This is not possible to foresee for all products. For that reason it can only be done for popular, defined products like Wordpress. For all other installations, the "Website Copying" and "Website Importing" tools in Onyx help to automate the file transfer task, but they cannot migrate mail accounts or databases.

Back