• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is this really true?

Virtuozzo works with Parallels Panel 10.2.0?

• True

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • False

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ioioi

New Pleskian
I've been renting a vps running Plesk Parallels / Virtuozzo since 2006. I recently had my provider upgrade me from version 9.5x to 10.2.0 and could access the Virtuozzo container initially, although within a week the 'manage my container' option was gone and trying directly 4643 no longer worked. I asked my provider for an explanation and they said it doesn't work with Plesk 10.2 and that's why it's no longer available.

I suspect that I'm being fed a line of $%@! and don't understand why I can't access the container any longer. What's the real story?

# vzup2date -z
-bash: vzup2date: command not found

# vzctl -v
-bash: vzctl: command not found

# rpm –V virtuozzo-release
RPM version 4.4.2.3

# rpm -q psa
psa-10.2.0-cos5.build1011110331.11

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.6 (Final)

... So what's that mean? ... that it does or doesn't work with 10.2.0

It is Virtuozzo commands and should be started on Virtuozzo hardware node but not inside Virtuozzo container.

Sure, although how am I supposed to access the hardware node? Did my vps provider disable access to my container? I would just like to know why they did and if I should have access to the Virtuozzo option since I once did.

Thank you.

If you haven't access to Virtuozzo hardware node - you should contact your provider and ask him about offline_management for your VPS.

Back