• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Is workaround available for postfix bouncing mail when service turned off?

curts

New Pleskian
I have Plesk 9.3 and running Postfix.
Domain that has external mail server.
DNS correct, mx to external sever.
Mail settings in plesk turned off.

I find with postmap -s vmailbox and postmap -s virtual_domains the domain does not show up.
If I do "strings virtual_domains.db" or "strings vmailbox" it shows that the domain still has entries in the file.

In release notes for 9.5.4: -- Issue resolved for Postfix: mail server bounced mail messages sent to a domain with mail service turned off and mail to non-existent users bounce set up, instead of redirecting the mail to an external mail server defined with MX record in the DNS zone.

Is there a workaround so that I can force postfix to NOT treat this domain as local?

Back