• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ISAPI REWRITE ENGINE don't work fine with PLESK

C

chiaravel

Hi,

I was tried to install over 4 distinct ISAPI REWRITE software and all this attempt have failed ressults.

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

And all throw an EVENT Error in W3SVC-WP "Could not load all ISAPI Filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted".

I eard about NTFS permissions, I eard about that PLESK work in Virtual Directory and this ISAPI's need to work in the real directory.

Therefore, after change the %Windows% and %System% directory to all permissions for everyone this ISAPI's still don't work.

This is a obviously PLESK ISSUE... because I have the same filter working in other SERVER with HELM pannel and I haven't any problem.

I need to fix this ISSUE , Can anybody help me ?

Best Regards

You should recursivly remove Deny entries for user groups psacln and psaserv from Access Control List of folder where ISAPI REWRITE is installed.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

I can't belive !!!!!!!

Millons, tons, and infinite THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Regards

Yep, that fixed it for me too :)

Thank you for posting the solution!

how??

I need to install ISAPI REWRITE too. And I have same problem: SERVICE UNAVAILABLE

I read the solutions write here, but I dont sure to understand it.

I install ISAPI REWRITE, the aplicación, in server, Its install in "Program Files", and all webs domains has the service unaviable problem.

I Read I have to recursivly remove Deny entries for user groups psacln and psaserv from Access Control List of folder where ISAPI REWRITE is installed.

But I not sure what its mean. I remove denay entries from C:/Program Files/Helicon/isapirewrite and from C:/Program Files/Helicon, and C:/Program Files for psacln group. I dont have psaserv group security entries in this folders.

Is that what i hava to do, because its doesnt work.

thanks a lot (and sorry for my english)

Isapi Rewritei Problems

I also have this problem. I want to install an IIS rewrite ISAPI filter, but am having the same problems listed above. I don't understand what has been described as the solution in this forum. I have looked at the ACL but it doesn't seem relevant. What does 'Access Control List of folder where ISAPI REWRITE is installed' mean? Could you please help?

FIXED: For those interested, I fixed it. It's working. If using windows server 2003, navigate to the folder (using windows explorer) that contains the isapi filter dll. Right click on that folder and click properties, and click the security tab. psacln and psaserv appear as users. CLick on these users making sure all checkboxes are set to "Allow". I also allowed the plesk user group to have full control over this folder. Install the ISAPI filter in IIS. Plesk now has permission to access the isapi filter. Voila! SEO Tags: IIRF plesk iinstall is isapi filter service unavailable

Hello, please help me!!!
I allowed all permissions to isapi (isapi 3.1 Lite version) folder but rules don't work...
I've used this rule to check:

RewriteEngine On
AllowOverride All
RewriteRule /(.+)/ /abc.php

I don't know what else to do...

404 Problem is facing - windows 2008 x64 - Plesk Parallel Panel - Godaddy

I just purchase the ISAPI_REWRITE 3.0,
Installation properly done
Just corss checked with this Article:
http://www.helicontech.com/articles/isapi_rewrite-x64-installation-on-windows-2008-server-x64/
But i am getting 404 Error,
I am using Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit)
+ IIS 7.5 (Plesk Parallel Panel Installed)
and purchased VPS from GoDaddy.
I have given proper Permission on the server but still i am getting 404 Error.
can you tell me why still i am facing this issue?

regards,
shmai

I hope someone can help me, I have a similar problem.

I use Helicon Ape, this is a new version of isapi_rewrite 3.
I changed the permission like Post #2 of this thread and it looks like that Ape basically works.
But Ape don't use my .htaccess, so it looks like that Ape can not access to them or something else...
I tried also the permissions from post #8, but I don't have a user like IIS_WPG, only PP_WPG is this the same?

maybe have someone an idea?

thanks and regards
Tobi

EDIT: my System Windows Server 2008 R2 with Plesk 10

The IIS_IUSRS built-in group replaces the IIS_WPG group in IIS 7.
Unfortunately this was not the solution. :(

Somebody told me, I have to delete the user permission "Plesk Domain" and "Plesk IIS User" from my domain folder.
Is it possible that this is the solution and if I delete them, get I a problem with my homepage or plesk?

my system is live, so will not try to many thinks...

Back