• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issue connecting via FTP after plesk update

cipcip

Basic Pleskian
Hello, I just got notified that Plesk was updated to Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #46 and it seems that I cannot connect to any of my websites via FTP using Total Commander. This used to work before the update.

Can you please help me out ?

Thank you,
Cristian

First of all, make sure that ftp service is up and running on your server. Just check the output of command

# lsof -i tcp:21

Also check firewall rules.

Hello Igor,

The command outputs the following:

# lsof -i tcp:21
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
xinetd 363 root 5u IPv4 3488302500 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)

I do not have the firewall extension added, is that added by default in the new version ?

Thank you,
Cristian

Hello Igor,

I tried, but it's failing...
C:\windows\system32>telnet xxxxxx:21
Connecting To xxxxxx:21...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

C:\windows\system32>telnet xxxxxx:23
Connecting To xxxxxx:23...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

Maybe it is firewalled on your Windows workstation side?

I am working from my work laptop, i cannot modify firewall settings...
I guess it is a possibility, but the coincidence was too big that this happen right after the update, as it was working before... I will try when I get home on Saturday since I am in a business trip now so all I have with my is my work laptop and I will let you know.

Thank you,
Cristian

Back