• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Issue with Samba config-extension

Thomas Wilhelmi

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I run Obsidian 18.0.31 Update Nr. 1 on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

I tried to configure the Samba Fileserver and wanted to define a new Samba-User. But when I click on the Icon to adda new user I get an error-page saying

Plesk-Error.JPG

In Installer I don't find an option to deinstall and reinstall this extension. How an I fix this error?

Best regards,
Willi

File Server component was dropped since Plesk 18.0.24 and wasn't actively developed for quite a while.
I think that the component is left from an upgrade from the old Plesk version and now you need to manually remove its residual packages.
Seafile extension may be used to share files as an alternative solution. Check Seafile supported OSes here: Seafile

Okay, thanks. And how can I remove it manually?
First of all, you have to find all installed samba packages with something like:

# apt list --installed | egrep samba

then use apt Ubuntu packages manager for removing these packages. Mode details in apt documentation.

Hi, it's me again. I found these packages related to Samba:

Plesk-Error.JPG

Is the "plesk_py27-pysmb" the package wich is the Extension? And I can deinstall it without any problem?

Thx and best regards

Some addition: I found the Point to delete the extension in the extension-panel :) But what is the Python-Script for? It's still installed

Last edited:
Back