• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues accessing SVN commands

chacia

New Pleskian
I have a VPS hosted with Ubuntu, I have root access, and generally speaking the ability to do as I please with the container. That said. I set up a new Customer, gave them SSH access to a chrooted enviroment, and that all works well and fine except the svn commands are inaccessible to them, as is as I find out, other 3rd party software commands such as nano for example.

Anyway, Im not trying to run a SVN server off my VPS, but I am looking to checkout, and work with various repos for various projects I have in both SVN and GIT (git is not my current concern though). So all in all, I'm wondering what where and how I have to change whatever to allow at the least specific users the ability to access commands like `svn checkout https://path.to.repo/...` or `svn commit -m 'somthing done here'`.

The only thing these users have ability to do is access your common console esk commands ie: cp, ls, mkdir, vi.. and so on. Also SVN is installed, I can log into my root user and access SVN commands no problem. I think its something to do with the bash profiles, but I could also be wrong. Im not sure.. I am fairly new to plesk, and I am no guru with linux. I do know, that plesk does sometimes make it difficult to do some common stuff. So before I start hacking away trying to fix it one way or another, I figured I'd come here, ask and see from people who use it and know it better than me.

Back