• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues running Nginx on Plesk 11.5.30

SAttraction

Basic Pleskian
All,

With the PHP-FPM support for Nginx now available for Plesk 11.5.30, I have tried to implement Nginx on a number of websites hosted.

I notice that the Apache module mod_aclr2 is not listed within the other Apache modules when viewed through Plesk. Is it installed when Plesk updates to support Nginx ? Also, when trying to view Awstats using the usual link - https://domainnamehere.com/plesk-stat - a Nginx '403 forbidden' page is returned instead.

Please can someone advise on this ?

Many thanks in advance.

Darran

All,

The main issue I have is the Nginx '403 forbidden' error when trying to view the already installed Awstats when Nginx is activated,

Any advise would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Darran

I have followed the instructions in this post and it still hasn't made any difference. The same error message is being displayed whenever the Awstats URL is called.

Many thanks.

Darran

Ok, it appears that all of the Nginx settings need to be 'switched on' within the hosting Plesk panel for the website.

Having read more on this, it appears that there are (potentially) some issues with Nginx obeying URL rewrite rules etc. Is this still an issue with Plesk 11.5.30 ? I have read a number of articles online regarding Wordpress having issues with this.

Lastly, having following the advice in the post quoted above, Plesk has now erased all of the Awstats logs !

Does anybody know how these logs can be restored ?

Many thanks in advance.

Darran

Many thanks for the reply and the link to the KBase, Igor.

Just to clarify - I ran the steps in this thread which were to switch the stats from AWstats to 'None', 'Save' and then select AWStats again and then 'Save' again in Plesk within the domain's control panel.

After doing this, I rebuilt the stats by running :-

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=

This has resulted in all of the historic stats (ie.after the command line rebuild was run) being totally lost. I have checked the domain in question and the raw log files are no longer there other than a gunzip file.

Please could you advise ?

Many thanks in advance.

Darran

Ok, the Kbase quoted above - http://kb.parallels.com/111283 - specifies the location of the configuration files - which aren't of any use in what I'm trying to achieve which is to rebuild the Awstats.

As mentioned, when managing a domain through the Plesk control panel, if the statistics option is changed from 'Awstats' to 'none', it erases the logs which Awstats uses when combined with Plesk. So, if the statistics option is then changed back from 'none' to 'Awstats', nothing historically is displayed.

This Kbase - http://kb.parallels.com/en/115476 - is more relevant and having followed this Kbase, historical Awstats for the domain in question have now been restored.

Darran

Back