• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issues with Grafana / Advanced monitoring

Could this have something to do with it, the double slash "//" in the path?

stderr: /opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules//grafana/grafana-cli

i have the same Problem

• The execution of post-install.php has failed with the following message:
  • [2019-10-23 19:14:42.597] ERR [extension/grafana] Execution repository has failed with exit code 1, stdout: , stderr: ERROR:root:<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
i cant not download.

This was the solution that Plesk Support gave me, and I have confirmed it is working now:

plesk bin extension --install grafana

I know someone else said that the install process didnt work for them, so you might have to uninstall and then reinstall.

I have the same mistake. I think the root certificate has expired. But I have no idea to renew this. The Plesk certificate is fine.

Same problem here. I tried uninstall, reinstall, with and without Advanced Monitoring. Via browser and CLI. Nothing works.

Hello everybody,
here my knowledge of the topic.
The problem lies with the certificates.

openssl version -a

OPENSSLDIR: "/ usr / lib / ssl"

In this directory is but empty. The certificates you need are in / etc / ssl / certs. He can not download the files because he has a certificate problem. Unfortunately, I'm desperate just how I can reinstall the certificates in the directory.

I have the solution.

Rename the folder:
/usr/lib/ssl/ to /usr/lib/ssl_old

Code:
mv /usr/lib/ssl/ /usr/lib/ssl_old

Creating a new ssl folder:

Code:
mkdir /usr/lib/ssl/

Now everything is copied from the folder /usr/lib/ssl_old up to the broken symlink / folder to /usr/lib/ssl/:

Code:
 cp -r /usr/lib/ssl_old/misc /usr/lib/ssl/

if necessary, there is more to copy, depending on the content, the symlinks are created in the next step.

Now you can create symlinks:

Code:
cd/usr/lib/ssl/
ln -s /etc/ssl/certs certs
ln -s /etc/ssl/private private
ln -s /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf openssl.cnf

all fine =)

This thread is resolved, but I hope it is not the solution for the problem. Will there be an update to this in Plesk?

I have the solution.

Rename the folder:
/usr/lib/ssl/ to /usr/lib/ssl_old

Code:
mv /usr/lib/ssl/ /usr/lib/ssl_old

Creating a new ssl folder:

Code:
mkdir /usr/lib/ssl/

Now everything is copied from the folder /usr/lib/ssl_old up to the broken symlink / folder to /usr/lib/ssl/:

Code:
 cp -r /usr/lib/ssl_old/misc /usr/lib/ssl/

if necessary, there is more to copy, depending on the content, the symlinks are created in the next step.

Now you can create symlinks:

Code:
cd/usr/lib/ssl/
ln -s /etc/ssl/certs certs
ln -s /etc/ssl/private private
ln -s /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf openssl.cnf

all fine =)

It's bad idea to do such kind of manual repair, it's advised to remove customisation and reinstall the system packages:
Code:
# mv /usr/lib/ssl /root/ssl.saved
# apt-get install --reinstall openssl ca-certificates

and for validation you can run:
Code:
# python2 -c 'import urllib2 ; print urllib2.urlopen("https://packages.grafana.com/gpg.key").read()'

On a fresh Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS‬ with Obsidian I can't get Grafana to work.
Getting error 403 when accessing /modules/grafana/service/
And 404 in every tab of /modules/monitoring/index.php/index/main
Reinstalling Grafana or Advanced Monitoring, through Plesk or CLI doesn't help.
plesk.log is empty

edit: the issue is gone, perhaps thanks to 18.0.27 plesk update

Last edited:
Back