• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issues with installing node.js

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 Update #1,
so - I follow the instructions here:

How to Host Node.js Applications on Plesk Obsidian

to install Node.js and run a simple test app.

It basically works BUT - I end up with this message: "Another Node.js application in the subscription already uses this application root. Specify another application root that contains the document root." I can't get rid of it. i tried deleting the extensions and the site and starting again. It came back.

This page describes a "workaround" for a "known bug": https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...bscription-already-uses-this-application-root But, in fact, I already have this setup. (It appears to be the default).

This is (in my experience) so characteristic of Plesk. It is nearly fantastic - it nearly works. But there is sometimes some little fly in the ointment. A little hiccup or glitch which sort of makes it not quite perfect.

hello, i not understand well how to work this workaround. I create a subdomain but file need to be in domain?

My experience has been, and perhaps I'm doing something wrong, that only one node application can run per domain. Every time I've tried to run more than once, for example 2 subdomains both with node, it fails.

Since node on Plesk was more of a curiosity to me, I've never looked into it.

Back