• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues with Plesk

qualispace

Regular Pleskian
I had Plesk 8.3 beta installed and a few websites created for testing purpose. I took a backup of entire plesk, did an uinstallation of the Plesk beta and installed the stable release. I then restored all the backup. Now, I cannot connect to FTP of any website. It simply gives me home directory inaccessible error. I then created a couple of websites in the server. When I connect them via FTP, I get the / directory and none of the default directories created in the home directory of the websites. I am using FTP 7. Is there a permissions issue with the server or Plesk is not giving proper permissions while creating the websites? Has anybody else faced the same problem.

Hello qualispace,

Could you please make it more clear?
Did you uninstall 8.3 beta and install 8.3 release again on the same server?
What exact FTP 7 you are using - built-in IIS 7 or new MS FTP 7?
Please try to run the following commands
cd %plesk_bin%
ftpmng --remove-all
ftpmng --reconfigure-all
and inform here about result.

I removed all the websites and the reseller logins created in the Plesk beta and uninstalled it. I later deleted the leftover directories of plesk in the server and rechecked to make sure none of the websites or the users created by Plesk exist. After that I reboot the server and then installed Plesk. I then uploaded the license key of the plesk and confirmed the successful installation of Plesk 8.3. Then I restored the backup of the Plesk taken before uninstalling the beta version. Now when I try to FTP, I only get the / directory. It is the same in case of new websites created in Plesk. I tried the solution given by you, but the result is the same. FTP 7 is not installed in Windows 2008 RC0. We have to separately install it by downloading it from http://www.iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1526 which is what I exactly did.

Is this an issue with FTP 7 or it is some compatibility issue of Plesk 8.3 with FTP 7? It looks more like a bug to me.

I am really surprised at this. You people never told us that the new Plesk release will require the RC1 release. At least the release notes should be published before releasing the actual software version.

I eat my words. But what about the second opinion? Shouldn't the release notes be released before the actual release of the version?

Hello qualispace,

You are right. We should specify the exact version of Windows 2008 in the Release Notes.
We will fix it as soon as possible.

Back