• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue It's not possible to send notification emails from Plesk using and External SMTP (MSMTP)

João Raposo

New Pleskian
I didn't find any solution to configure Plesk to use an external SMTP to send the notification emails.

I installed the MSMTP module and configured it to send emails via a ZOHO SMTP.

The Zoho SMTP (and probably all the other secure SMTP servers) don't allow login with one user and send an email with other user in "from" field. Because there it no field to configure the default sender of the notifications, or a place where it's possible to configure the default admin email from plesk, all the notifications sent by [email protected] are blocked by the SMTP server.

I found out that I could change the "from" email in the file /etc/msmtprc, but when I opened the file I verified that msmtprc it's overwrited after a plesk update as you can see bellow. I know how to change it to have a proper from field, but I am trying to find a more permanent solution.

Shouldn't be possible to configure the psaadm default email or to configure permanently (or with a local file) the MSMTP service?

Thank you!

Dear Plesk... same issue, can you please provide a way to enter the from address for a permanent solution? this is critical for those of us who use MSMTP (using plesk without a mail service) - thank you!

Back