• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I've soon had it with Plesk and Parallels!

madsere

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 9 is buggy and clunky, it is impossible to find anything and often there are 2-3 ways to do the same thing. The user interface looks like someone took a big showel and just showeled feature in without any plans or thoughs.

Also the change of license key format is rediculous. I have 30 keys for Plesk8 that are now useless with Plesk9.

Arrgh!

Are you buying your licenses retail? You might want to consider joining as a partner and cutting your costs in the long term if you plan on growing your company beyond 100 or more domains. I am not a salesman for Parallels but there are benefits to becoming a partner. Look into it.

In my personal opinion, the 8x -> 9x license key issue could have been handled better, just because the license key format has changed, shouldn't keep the updater from requesting/updating the keys to the new license format automatically when you update to the newer version.

Well eventually I had the license keys updated for Plesk 9 but it was as you said not managed in the best way to say the least.

I also still think the interface is a mess. It seriously needs to be cleaned up.

Speaking of the interface mess, I like the way when you remove buttons from clients the admin can no longer see them either; makes it great when you don't want customers to see buttons that you need access to.

Back