1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

I've soon had it with Plesk and Parallels!

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Suggestions and Feedback' started by madsere, Jun 24, 2009.

1. madsere

madsere Regular Pleskian

57%
    Plesk 9 is buggy and clunky, it is impossible to find anything and often there are 2-3 ways to do the same thing. The user interface looks like someone took a big showel and just showeled feature in without any plans or thoughs.

Also the change of license key format is rediculous. I have 30 keys for Plesk8 that are now useless with Plesk9.

Arrgh!

2. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Regular Pleskian

57%
    Are you buying your licenses retail? You might want to consider joining as a partner and cutting your costs in the long term if you plan on growing your company beyond 100 or more domains. I am not a salesman for Parallels but there are benefits to becoming a partner. Look into it.

3. MarkuzM

MarkuzM Guest

In my personal opinion, the 8x -> 9x license key issue could have been handled better, just because the license key format has changed, shouldn't keep the updater from requesting/updating the keys to the new license format automatically when you update to the newer version.

4. madsere

madsere Regular Pleskian

57%
    Well eventually I had the license keys updated for Plesk 9 but it was as you said not managed in the best way to say the least.

I also still think the interface is a mess. It seriously needs to be cleaned up.

5. Hostasaurus.Com

Hostasaurus.Com Regular Pleskian

68%
    Speaking of the interface mess, I like the way when you remove buttons from clients the admin can no longer see them either; makes it great when you don't want customers to see buttons that you need access to.