• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Java Applications section not available

AshDav

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to activate the 'Java Appications' section on Plesk 11 in the Advanced Operations section under Websites & Domains. This is for a DV server run through MediaTemple.

This is the button I'm trying to find. For some reason this Java Applications section isn't visible at all on my server.

Is there an option I need to select or an add on to use that will make this section appear?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Ash

Do you have Tomcat installed on your Plesk server?

I have tried to install Tomcat. It says the service is running although I can't see anything different in Plesk.

Make sure that you have enabled corresponding permissions in subscription.

Under 'Access to Panel services' for the Administrator user, everything is set to granted. Is this the field you mean?

I mean " Java applications management" permission in subscription.

I unfortunately can't find anything to do with Java Applications Management or any field labeled subscription. Where should I be looking for this?

Is there a way to check if the tomcat install is working properly?

Looks like you have enabled Power View mode instead of Service Provider mode. Check it in Tools & Settings>
Interface Management

Ok this view looks more promising! I'm now in Service Provider mode and I've gone ahead and enabled Java Applications in the subscriptions permissions.

Still not able to see the 'Java Applications' button noted in the first post. Not 100% sure Tomcat is working for me. Just stopped Tomcat through SSH and received this notice

/etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf: line 19: -Xmx448M: command not found

I'm thinking this could have something to do with the issue. Here's that chunk of the config file:
# You can pass some parameters to java
# here if you wish to
#JAVA_OPTS="-Xminf0.1 -Xmaxf0.3"
JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128M -Xmx448M
# Use JAVA_OPTS to set java.library.path for libtcnative.so
#JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib

Still not seeing any Java Applications field. With Tomcat installed, should this section now be active?

Possibly a silly question, but are you sure you have Java Applications as part of your license? Some VPS hosts issue "restricted" licenses...

You can check under Tools & Settings > License Management

Last edited:
Just try something quickly, change the uppercase M for a lowercase m in your config file.

So it should be:

JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx448m

I believe they are case sensitive...

I changed the M to lowercase but I'm still seeing that error message whenever I start/stop tomcat in SSH.

service tomcat5 start
/etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf: line 19: -Xmx448m: command not found
Starting tomcat5: /etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf: line 19: -Xmx256m: command not found
[ OK ]

When starting it like this, the servers memory overloads and goes crazy. The only way I've found to avoid the memory issues is to put the line in quotes:
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms128m -Xmx448m"

Then I don't get the error on startup and the servers memory is ok, but I'm still not seeing a Java Applications field :S

Back