• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Joomla application won't work with default components.

ewhitecap

New Pleskian
Joomla now requires PHP 5.3.10 or above but PHP 5.3.3 is installed. I rely almost exclusively on Plesk to keep the server components up to date and now I can't update my Joomla websites. I tend to avoid working at the command prompt, which is why I lease Plesk. I see that Plesk supports dual (or multiple) PHP versions, but the panel doesn't seem to deploy other versions. Does Parallels plan to allow customers to install multiple versions of PHP from the control panel so that PHP won' break legacy software but the newer apps will be able to run also?

(IMHO a better solution would have been for PHP 5.4 to be fully backward compatible)

Thanks,

Plesk doesn't ship clientТs PHP, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with PHP 5.4, then Plesk would run PHP 5.4 for clients. Or use multiple PHP versions feature as possible solution. Implementing this feature in GUI is not trivial task. This procedure requires Linux administrative skills and can be performed only in CLI.

Back