• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Joomla Installation Error

NinoR

New Pleskian
Hi! I am new to plesk panel and I have encountered an error when i try to install joomla application, and here is the error:

Error: Installation of joomla at http://mysite.com/ failed. Unable to execute SQL statement ( CREATE TABLE `jos_banner` ( `bid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `type` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'banner', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `imptotal` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `impmade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `clicks` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `imageurl` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `clickurl` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `date` datetime default NULL, `showBanner` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `editor` varchar(50) default NULL, `custombannercode` text, `catid` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `description` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `sticky` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `ordering` INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `publish_up` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `publish_down` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `tags` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `params` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`bid`), KEY `viewbanner` (`showBanner`), INDEX `idx_banner_catid`(`catid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`): BLOB/TEXT column 'description' can't have a default value

Any help will much be appreciated...

Thank you...

I have the same problem. This must be an error somewhere in the Plesk installation script?
It is a new website with nothing in it yet, no changes whatsoever and I use all defaults during installation.
Please address this soonest!
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your suggestion.
Is this something I can change myself? I am pretty good at PC's but I have no clue about PHP srcipts!

You can do manual installation instead of using the dashboard auto installation.

1. Download Joomla package of your choice. Extract the downloaded files and upload it to the directory of your site (if using sub-directory e.g. domain.com/site) or to the root directory if you want to install it in your main domain (e.g. domain.com).
2. Create database in Plesk panel and jot down the Hostname, Database name, DB username and DB password.
3. Open the url for the installation (e.g domain.com or domain.com/site) and follow the steps.
4. Now you have finished your joomla installation.

Or you can follow this step. URL: http://www.installmyjoomla.com/how-to-manually-install-joomla.html

Just let me know if you have encounter any problem.

Back