• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Joomla Toolkit fails to install on subdomain of an additional domain

hschramm

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Joomla Toolkit fails to install on subdomain of an additional domain

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48.0
OS version: Debian 10.13 x86_64
Build date: 2022/11/04 03:00
Revision: de1380238ea912c17bb665dafb41e69d609cd6c3

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

We use the current available version of Joomla Toolkit. First of all Joomla Toolkit ignores the configured mysql settings for database prefix. For example: I have setup, that every database uses as prefix the username (web1). So a database name would be: web1_myDb. But Joomla Toolkit ignores this and creates a database like: jtkdb_pwzwov.

But the major problem is:
It is not possible to setup Joomla via the kit on a subdomain of an additional domain. This is a problem because a customer expects to install a joomla instance on a additional domain, not only on a subscription domain.

The consequence would be, that a customer has to buy for every domain a new subscription. This is very unlikely.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Create a new subscription with the domain test1.local
  2. Add an additional domain test2.local
  3. Create a subdomain "test" on domain test2.local
  4. Try to install Joomla Toolkit on test.test2.local

ACTUAL RESULT

It fails with the following error:

[2022-11-28 17:54:37.329] 9068:6384e7cb42515 ERR [extension/joomla-toolkit] Dieses Objekt kann nur in einem Abonnement erstellt werden. [2022-11-28 17:54:37.330] 9068:6384e7cb42515 ERR [panel] Task failed: id=4611, pid=9068, type=ext-joomla-toolkit-task\install, error=Datenbank konnte nicht erstellt werden. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. [2022-11-28 17:54:37.338] 9068:6384e7cb42515 ERR [panel] Long task executor: id=4611 completed with error: Datenbank konnte nicht erstellt werden. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut.: 0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Task/Async/Executor.php:46 Task_Async_Executor->execute() 1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/scripts/task-async-executor.php:6

EXPECTED RESULT

Install a Joomla Instance via the joomla toolkit on subdomains of addional domains.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Thank you.
The bug EXTPLESK-4134 was confirmed and submitted.

Hello,
I got today the same problem - no installations via Joomla Toolkit are possible anymore. :-(

Is there maybe a workarround how to reset or restart that Toolkit?
Or do we know when the bug will be fixed?

Thanks for help
Rob

Having the same problem...

Well yes - thats a major bug... Please fix. A toolkit which cannot install the tool it's made for ... has a great sense of humor :)

@ThiloS, @Rob-S According to existing reports, the issue occurs on subdomains only. Installation should be possible on domains.

I have an idea that I have not yet tried myself:Have you tried to not to use "Add Subdomain" but "Add Domain" and enter the fully qualified subdomain there? Could that be a workaround until the issue is fixed?

The workaround would not work for me as we do not allow our customers to add domains on their own.

@hschramm, thank you for bringing this to my attention again. As far as I know, this has not yet been fixed. I'll use this opportunity to bring it to developers' attention again.

Back