• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 23643 of the JSON data

Thank you guys for letting us know the workaround does not work for you. We're investigating this further. I will post an update here as soon as we have more information.

are maybe other files affected too that were updated in Ubuntu 20?

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 39328 Jul 16 20:48 /usr/bin/named-checkconf
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35304 Jul 16 20:48 /usr/bin/named-checkzone
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35304 Jul 16 20:48 /usr/bin/named-compilezone
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14640 Jul 16 20:48 /usr/bin/named-journalprint
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14640 Jul 16 20:48 /usr/bin/named-nzd2nzf
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22832 Jul 16 20:48 /usr/bin/named-rrchecker

We've released an update which addresses this issue. If you have automatic updates enabled (and already run Plesk version 18.0.62) this update should be installed automatically overnight. If you are still on an earlier version of Plesk it's recommended to update to version 18.0.62.
Fixed the issue where, on servers running on Ubuntu 20.04, no DNS-related operations resulted in changes being made to the DNS zone files. (PPP-65747)

Thank you all for reporting this issue. Much appreciated!

Hi, I've still the same error with Ubuntu 18.04.4 and Plesk 18.0.62. The fix with the symlinks does not work.

In that case I suggest opening a ticket with our support team to let them investigate the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Hi!

I am running Plesk on Debian 11.0 / 64 bit and things were mostly fine. I could create subdomains without any problems.

Now, some months later without much activity on my side I wanted to create another subdomain (which worked). Trying to change the hosting settings for that subdomain I got this error which hs been discussed here already:

"JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 19772 of the JSON data"

I am a bit confused as this is a standard thing I did dozens of times before. I tried several times now but without success. The error always pops up.

What did I do wrong?

CHeers, Frank

Same problem here, when "Saving" on the Hosting Settings page, I get the error: "JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 15094 of the JSON data". I've tried creating symlinks from here and repair from here to no avail. I'm on Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63/CentOS 7 via hosting suppliers.
Plesk Log Browser shows:

Code:
Error during domain.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed: :
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14
    Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php:207
    Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()
2:

Any other suggestions please? Thank you

Hey, guys. I am sorry to hear you are both experiencing issues updating the hosting settings. Could you please confirm if you have DS records configured for the domain names in question?

Hey, guys. I am sorry to hear you are both experiencing issues updating the hosting settings. Could you please confirm if you have DS records configured for the domain names in question?
Hi there - I don't have DNSSEC and I only point the A Record from my domain supplier to the server, I don't use the servers/Plesks DNS Zones on this occasion. Could that be the issue, do I need to add DNS zone records even if they are unused?

Thank you for the confirmation. Having your DNS zone externally shouldn't be an issue.

Could you please confirm if you get any particular error when executing the dns repair command:

plesk repair dns -y

Thank you for the confirmation. Having your DNS zone externally shouldn't be an issue.

Could you please confirm if you get any particular error when executing the dns repair command:
Hi there, I get the following:

Code:
# plesk repair dns -y

Checking the DNS configuration file ................................. [OK]

Restoring DNS server configuration
    Synchronizing DNS zones with the DNS server ..................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

[2024-09-04 12:04:04.593] 31043:66d83ea490d9c ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'sub1.domain1.co.uk' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
[2024-09-04 12:04:04.700] 31043:66d83ea490d9c ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain2.co.uk' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
[2024-09-04 12:04:04.816] 31043:66d83ea490d9c ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain3.co.uk' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
[2024-09-04 12:04:04.943] 31043:66d83ea490d9c ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain4.co.uk' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
[2024-09-04 12:04:05.025] 31043:66d83ea490d9c ERR [panel] Error during sub1.domain1.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
Error during domain2.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
Error during domain3.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
Error during domain4.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed: :
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14
    Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php:207
    Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()
2: :
Error during sub1.domain1.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
Error during domain2.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
Error during domain3.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
Error during domain4.co.uk updateZone: dnsmng failed:
exit status 1

Thanks for your help :)

Hi Sebahat,

here's an update from my side:

I managed to get rid of the reported error message (see #32 above). How? I cannot say anymore (it was late, I was tired and frustrated).

After that: Installing Wordpress worked, accessibility of the website was not given though. I had an 503 error. So I ran into oterh problems — and I could not solve them as I am not technical enough. My provider's support first refused to help ("no managed server") but after some escalation someone probably had a look: The error was gone some hours later (and I have no clue why).

So the server runs fine for now.

Cheers, Frank

@FrankJ I am glad to hear you were able to sort it out. @craigj_rbh thank you for the output. Could you please also check the DNS zones of the domain names that are causing the issue and confirm if you have any NS records present?

@FrankJ I am glad to hear you were able to sort it out. @craigj_rbh thank you for the output. Could you please also check the DNS zones of the domain names that are causing the issue and confirm if you have any NS records present?
There's two domains on this server without any DNS Zones at all, and they save correctly.

I've just added NS to one of the problematic domains in question and I'm still getting the same error "JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 15772 of the JSON data" - I only point A Record's to the server, we do not use the DNS Zones on the server but it seems I'm unable to remove the last NS record

Back