• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Kaspersky Antivirus on Linux Plesk 10.2.0

U

ugurcane

Hi there,

Even though we installed kaspersky antivirus(licensed) of plesk software on our linux system, we don't see any kaspersky's icon in the modules or in plesk panel, consequently we can't manage this antivirus.However we can see many kaspersky's process as running while we are checking wiht shell console.

why we don't see kaspersky's icon in the plesk or in the modules, so how can we fix this case?

thanks in advance.

Hello, I purchased Kapersky yesterday and no options exists to configure the application and technical support have said this is a limitation of Kaspersky Antivirus on Linux Plesk 10.2.0

However the online deployment manual states something quite different.

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.0.1/Doc/en-US/pdf/plesk-10-unix-kav-module-guide.pdf

Is it really the case that an anti virus application for business servers cannot be configured in any way and their is no way to configure Kaspersky Antivirus on Linux Plesk Panel 10.2.0

IgorG can you possibly obtain some information on this as its a critical issue which affect the products and server wide virus protection negatively.

http://download1.parallels.net/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=59437.htm states: [ If you installed Kaspersky Antivirus, go to Tools & Utilities > Kaspersky Antivirus to configure it.]

This option is not available and it doesn't justify a $299 price tag if this is the case and this is all very confusing to say the least!

Thanks

Last edited:
A kind technician is looking at the problem in a Plesk test environment and fingers corssed he will be able to shed some light on this matter and get it working in some way.

One thing I will say is that the Paralells staff I have been/am speaking to are cool and are doing their best to help on this matter so for that I can give them 10/10!

edit - This would be perfect: http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus_linux_mail_server#av

Last edited:
Success

OK after 2 days of emailing the very cool support team at Paralells and with some great help from Daniil at Parallels, the Kapersky Anti Virus application is working great and is doing its job.

Not sure if anybody reading this is aware but Kapersky used to supplied as a module and now with the new versions of Plesk, Kaspersky now ships as a separate package and not as a module.

Thus, it can not be configured from the Plesk control panel.

It can only be managed as a service (e.g start/stop/update functions).

To customize kaspersky settings please check the following files:

/etc/kavehost.xml
/opt/kav/sdk8l3/etc/kav-handler.cfg

If you venture into the /opt/kav/sdk8l3/etc/ folder you can also view and edit the templates the system uses to send out notification emails and from the kav-handler.cfg file you can also control who is notified of a infected file.

With this bit of information it was very easy for me to configure the antivirus processing and I set a simple cron job to update Kapersky every two hours with the command /opt/kav/sdk8l3/bin/kav8update

I set it form Tool & Utilites > Scheduled Tasks > [root] and set the cron job up - all sorted and working great.

Its not something that is going to be messed around with so I can just set and leave it and all is well ;0)

Dont forget to configure the protection on a mallbox by mailbox basis you will need to configure the individual accounts as per the screenshot ( noting the different options for incoming / outgoing protection ) so depending on your business model you can offer it to everyone or to those that want to pay a little bit extra for antivirus protection on mail coming to them and sending out )

I hope this information helps anyone thats puzzled when setting this up!

Cheers

Attachments

• kaspersky-screen-shot.png
    kaspersky-screen-shot.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 53
@IgorG
yes, i did try it but still i don't see kaspersky's icon in the plesk.

@Ibe K
thanks for giving more information.

Hi ugurcane,

I was in exactly the same position where I could not find the module so thought it was not working or not installed.

From your Power Panel I would make sure the Kapersky application is installed and then you should be able to configure it as per my advice.

You will not see a Kapersky icon as the Kapersky no longer ships as a module which resides in the Plesk Panel, its a SDK component which can be configured from the files I suggested.

I have done this and everything is fine and it works.

In a future Plesk release this may be refined to allow configuration through the Plesk Panel but for now the short and curlies of it is that if you need to use Kapersky on Plesk 10.2+ you will need to use the method I listed or wait until its fixed in a later release if it poses too much of a problem for you but in all honesty its takes maybe 10-20 to get your head around it and configure.

When you have it all up and running then test it with an eicar signature ( do a search on google for eicar ) and you can check its processing infected fines etc as you require.

Hope this helps and if your still having problems I would post back your details so one of the Paralells guys can help you out. The main thing is that it does work ;0)

PS The kapersky documentation for 10.2 either needs to be updated or Plesk refined to follow the features described either way their is a solution

Dear Plesk - Team,

is it possible to get a full documentation about all config option of the xml files from KAV813 ? Because this is a SDK version and Kaspersky have no dokuments online on their website.

It would we nice when Paralles would be share this one so that every user can edit his KAV for his environment.

Thank you in advanced.

Marcus

Back