• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

kaspersky won't start even though installed and license =ok

janl

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I have a Plesk 11 (virtuozzo/openvz). The license includes Kaspersky (100 boxes). The "installed components" show Kaspersky being installed but the service isn't running:
"This feature is not available because either your license key does not support it or the service is not installed or properly configured."

License management shows: "Antivirus management = On", but I'm not sure this reffers to Kaspersky.

Is the license broken? Is there something else that needs configuration?

Any help would be appreciated,
best regards,
Jan

Hi,

Thanks for you help.
I tried starting in in CLI but:
Code:
/etc/init.d/kavehost start
Starting kavehost:                                         FAILED

There is nothing in the maillogs that are mentioned in the documentation because there haven't been emails - the daemon didnt even start.
Is there a way I can find out why the service failed to start?

This is a fresh install on CentOS, i have quickly set up another fresh install on a debain, same license key, the same result - didn't
start on cli, only gave me a "failed"

Any idea?
Thanks for your help.

By the way: it's 64bit openvz/virtuozzo containers that we talk about here and of course i have the 64bit plesk installed.

Hi,
I tried again with another license ("Physical server or any virtualization solution") including 10x Kaspersky Accounts.
This license is from another vendor so I have two licenses here now that both definitely include Kaspersky accounts, from two seperate vendors.

However -as explained above - in two differenty virtual containers (CentOS 6 / debian) kaspersky does NOT start with none of the licenses.

So it seems that kaspersky is generally plain broken.

I request assistance here please.
Is there no way to start kaspersky "-v" to see the reason for it failing to start?

Thanks,
Jan

Hello,

can someone give me a hint, please? Has noone ever tried kaspersky within a OpenVZ/virtuozzo container?

I contacted the reseller of my Plesk license and he provided me with an additional Kav license even though kav seems to have been included before as well.
Strange enough, this settled the problem for whatever reason.

Back