• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Keep spam on server?

D

dniesen

SpamAssassin does a pretty good job of detecting spam but my users are used to other solutions that keep spam on the server to avoid it getting to their inbox in the first place.

Other than deleting all spam as it comes in (pretty dangerous in my opinion), what other options are there to have the spam stay on the server and let the user manager it from the web?

You can have it moved to an IMAP folder that they can access via webmail, or you can have it forwarded to another email address. There are other options too.

How you would do this depends on what you have installed on your server. For example with the commercial 4psa.com package you just have to tick some options. And I think it is also very easy with qmail-scanner (Scott Shinn (atomicrocketturtle.com) has an rpm if you are a Redhat/centos 4+ user). I think! I can't remember for sure I'm afraid.

I'm sure there are other ways and methods too.

Faris.

Back