• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

kernel upgrade question

V

vivhost

Hi, is it possible to upgrade the kernel on a box wiith fedora core-1 and plesk 7.5? I have 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl and there is a known exploit risk. What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks,
eduard

if I am running FC-2 (2.6.10-1.770_FC2) and Plesk 7.5.2, is it OK to install FC-2 newer kernel RPM from Fedora updates: kernel-2.6.10-1.771_FC2.i686.rpm ???

Or does that break Plesk? I should be able to keep the original kernel and just add this one with rpm -Fvh?

I have upgraded kernel in RH EL 3 and there was not any problem with this. It is always make sence to keep original kernel, just in case.

The kernel shouldn't break Plesk, but leave the old kernel on as second kernel in case you need to drop down to it.

upgraded kernel

I was able to upgrade the kernel but the rpm -Fvh command erased the previous kernels. Fortunately everything seems to work fine so far.

Back