1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

kernel upgrade question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by vivhost, Mar 5, 2005.

1. vivhost

vivhost Guest

Hi, is it possible to upgrade the kernel on a box wiith fedora core-1 and plesk 7.5? I have 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl and there is a known exploit risk. What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks,
    eduard

2. vivhost

vivhost Guest

if I am running FC-2 (2.6.10-1.770_FC2) and Plesk 7.5.2, is it OK to install FC-2 newer kernel RPM from Fedora updates: kernel-2.6.10-1.771_FC2.i686.rpm ???

Or does that break Plesk? I should be able to keep the original kernel and just add this one with rpm -Fvh?

3. defencer

defencer Guest

I have upgraded kernel in RH EL 3 and there was not any problem with this. It is always make sence to keep original kernel, just in case.

4. Cranky

Cranky Guest

The kernel shouldn't break Plesk, but leave the old kernel on as second kernel in case you need to drop down to it.

5. vivhost

vivhost Guest

upgraded kernel

I was able to upgrade the kernel but the rpm -Fvh command erased the previous kernels. Fortunately everything seems to work fine so far.