• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Known list of Bugs in Plesk 9.0

Agree

Unfortunately this is normal for most software makers. The only exceptions I know are some small companies and one-man shows, who really want to repair every defect they get to know, and most open-source projects that have a publicly accessible bug-track database. I'm actually surprised about the incredible determination, dedication, professionalism, and quality that many of the open-source contributors exhibit.

I believe, if the software makers don't jump off their high horses and shed their arrogance, more users will flock to open-source software.

There is another characteristic I observe with several software-making companies, and that is that they put a lot of effort into making their products look good at first glance, with various skins and lots of nice pictures, icons, and graphical features that are of little functional usefulness, while at the same time the software behind the polished surface stinks. I'm sure everyone here can instantly think of some such companies. I can only hope that Plesk isn't wanting to be one of them.

Of course I wouldn't mind if a software maker didn't talk to me, as long as his software were free of severe defects. :)

Hans-Georg

One more, I have a client with 219 Mb used out of 100MB assigned, in 8.6 the default option was "send an email, dont block", but in 9 its "block", so, the client is blocked. After some time looking for this option in the new design, I couldnt change it, the message (in spanish):

Error: Los valores de límite de recursos indicados exceden los valores permitidos por su plan de servicio o dichos valores ofrecen menos recursos que los usados en estos momentos por sus sitios.
Error: No se puede definir el límite de uso de recursos requerido (100.00 MB espacio de disco) porque el valor nuevo es menor a la cantidad actual de recursos usada por su cuenta y sitios (218.61 MB espacio de disco).

Its something like "You cant define the usage limit required (100Mb) because the new value is less than the actual usage by site (218.61)"

But, i want it to keep as it is. 100Mb and sending an email everyday. Can you put this as it used to be?

Thanks in advance !

same for me see http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=57104

however i found out you can click on the suspended Domain (red cross or yellow !) if you are loged in in the Domains overview then you come to the site where you can switch from block -> notify. But as i wrote i like to do it global and even i didnt found it where to change this settings for single Clients...

Brujo

Its the same with clients (you must change client AND domains to make it work), but i had to add 200Mb to the client.

bugs with spam and postfix

Hi
After upgrading to 9.0 , sudenly all email got in/out coded. This was an spf problem that I solved downloading a new spf file.
As my email server became erratic , mail stayed in queue with no reason, or not being distributed, I changed from qmail to postfix, as the late one is more talkish in the logs.
Since I have upgraded, spam is getting in freely.
Two more bugs
1) If you connect to plesk with your email address you see that the spam messages are being tagged correctly as spam , but they are not deleted. If you delete them there, these emails doesn't appear anymore. When you connect with your client surprise!! you get all the email you are supposed to have deleted.
2) Warning: Handlers stack does not work appears constantly in postfix maillog while finishing spam process.

Any help? Spam begins to be a very serious problem with my clients constantly complaining...

Creating domains via command line while also specifying a template to use produces:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method TmplWarnForm::error() in /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuDomain.php on line 990
PHP Warning: Releasing semaphore 20 in request cleanup in Unknown on line 0

If you install Plesk while the server has one IP and then switch the IP, you now have two IP's showing in Plesk like you did with prior versions. However, in prior versions you could set the new IP as the default and then remove the old one. In Plesk 9 you have to remove the old IP from the command prompt via /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --remove and once it's gone there's no way to set the remaining IP as the 'default'. Even worse, if you don't notice, Plesk just deleted your /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.conf file.

Nice one.... Just happend on my plesk 9 (french interface). This happend during a full server backup:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:108
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32')
1: /opt/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:93

Creating domains via command line while also specifying a template to use produces:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method TmplWarnForm::error() in /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuDomain.php on line 990
PHP Warning: Releasing semaphore 20 in request cleanup in Unknown on line 0

Add an email address to your clients profile. The script tries to send an email to the owner and fail. That is the reason for this error.

after update with hotfix4

i dont know what the update with hotfix4 from yesterday will solve but none of my issues, so here my known bugs:

1. mails are not signed with domainkeys when using submission port
2. mailinglists dosent work, mostly aliases - postfix-mailman
3. wrong entrys in virtual.db like [email protected]ldomain, therefore common mails like info@, abuse@, postmaster@ dosent work correct
4. queue file write error - postfix
5. issues with skin settings

Brujo

since upgrading to plesk 9 I keep getting logged out of the control panel every minute. I notice that psa service restarts every minute as I am getting an email with this fact. any ideas.

Domain-Alias and SA

Incomming emails to an alias-domains for existing mail-accounts under the "main-domain" are not checked by spamassassin. Setting for non-existent users is set to reject.

suse10.0 / qmail

since upgrading to plesk 9 I keep getting logged out of the control panel every minute. I notice that psa service restarts every minute as I am getting an email with this fact. any ideas.

If you have or had ASL installed, it's restarting the psa service like crazy. I had this problem.

You may also want to do a test php script, for a separate problem that I also had, but unrelated to the plesk login

make_session.php:
session_start();
$_SESSION['test'] = 'This is a test variable';
$_SESSION['another'] = 'Why not have more than one var..';
print_r ($_SESSION);

test_session.php:
session_start();
print_r ($_SESSION);

If test_session comes up with an empty array then you need to edit php.ini, look for the session.save directory value and change it to /tmp or something that works. Or try and fix the directory that it's already using.

I also have the issue where some email addresses i.e. info@ and webmaster@ are not resolved correctly?

E.g. undelivered Mail Returned to Sender:

Reporting-MTA: dns; server001.myserver.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 5E14E14F0054
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
Arrival-Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:51:18 +0000 (GMT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]ldomain
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "info"

This is the mail system at host server001.myserver.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]> (expanded from <[email protected]>):
unknown user: "info"

Anyone got a fix other then recreating mailbox?

Thanks in advance, DM.

I also have this issue.

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender:

Thanks in advance, DM.

If your reason for not recreating the mailbox is because you don't want to lose folders/emails stored, check out IMAPSize. it'll let you easily backup and restore email to the server, from your Windows machine. I've also used other scripts via ssh in the past, but for a small amount of addresses IMAPSize is much easier.

I also have this issue.

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender:

Thanks in advance, DM.

take a look at localhost.localdomain issue i belive this match your question. Whyever Plesk creates automatically a lot of Mailaddresses like root, abuse, info and so on but wrong and this breaks existing Mailboxes / Aliases. For me thats an Bug and i reported it weeks ago, but without any response.

Brujo

Back