• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

ksoftirqd process slowing down the centos linux servers

beemol

New Pleskian
Hello,
I've got some issues on 2 centos servers with Plesk on it.
I can't read any post like this in the forum, so I post here...
The 2 servers have Plesk, I'll talk about the complete updated server, because it's a powerful server and I can't find a solution. (32Gb RAM, 200Go SSD, i3)

From Plesk Dashboard it says:
OS ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Version de Plesk 12.5.30 Mise à jour n° 20

From SSH: CentOS Version: 7.1.1503 (Core)

yum update says nothing to update.
The processes ksoftirqd is killing the server.
It took about 60 to 100% of the processor activity.

It is not all the time, but mostly happening when there activity on the server, during wordpress admin sessions mostly.
There is only 4 wordpress websites on it and few users by day.
It takes about 10 to 25 seconds to display any wordpress admin dashboard.
The NGINX process take also a lot of resources.

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
35 root 20 0 0 0 0 R 100,0 0,0 845:51.36 ksoftirqd/7
4604 nginx 20 0 60656 5908 2680 R 69,4 0,0 23:25.29 nginx

Does anybody have experienced the same problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Best regards

Hello,
I reply to myself, to tell that I still have this problem, and I don't know a work around.
It's been month now that my Plesk servers have to be reboot every 4 days, week or 10 days, depending on the time the ksoftirq process take to come and kill my server....

IT IS REALLY BAD. I'VE 3 SERVERS ON CENTOS PLESK THAT I HAVE TO REBOOT OFTEN.

I'm so disappointed.

Well, I tried some things, but my knowledge are limited, and the update of the kernel should be the last thing I haven't done yet:

https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8778

Does anybody could confirm that it should correct the problem ?

Thanks thanks, thanks for any Help !

Hi beemol,

pls. be aware that this forum is a "Plesk - related subject" - forum. Even that you might get as well answers / solutions / suggestions for non-related Plesk subjects, your thread and it's content has absolutely nothing to do with Plesk.
Consider to use a more decent Google search for your issue, to get answers for your issue - as for example:

Back