• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Latest Update to Git Extension is Broken

Git extension 2.4.6: I can't see the Git icon under my new domains (blank template). Old domains still show it.

I tried adding the Laravel toolkit, reinstalling Git, reinstalling Git extension. No success.

I can't use Git on Plesk since it was updated to the latest version (new UI icons, etc).

Is there a way to fix this issue? Because it's currently blocking me entirely from updating my websites via Git, sadly.

1680351123559.png

@LuBre You're on Dynamic List. Can you please try to switch to "Active List" and check whether you see the Git icon there?

@LuBre Also on Dynamic List, please click on "Install Applications", then choose "Git" from the drawer and add it. I think the designer's idea was to not to overload the page with unnecessary icons but let users add the icons through the "Install" button.

@LuBre You're on Dynamic List. Can you please try to switch to "Active List" and check whether you see the Git icon there?

It works.

By switching to this view I can see the icon and I can use Git. It's a completely different view though.

Also on Dynamic List, please click on "Install Applications", then choose "Git" from the drawer and add it.

Hmmm, I can't find "Install Applications" while I am on Dynamic List? This is my Dynamic List view, where I see all the domains:

1680356040333.png

And when I click a domain, I see this (no Git icon here):

1680356098480.png

But I can't find any Dynamic view option here?

Got it. Weird but... It works, yes. I hope the icon will be added back where it was. I mean, it's way more useful than having stuff lik ImmunifyAV or Advisor, after all.

Have you clicked "Install application" and selected GIT from the drawer and installed a GIT project from there?

I honestly don't understand what's the reason behind this update. It disrupts the daily work and it makes things more annoying than useful.

At the very least it would be nice if we could decide which applications are 'default' somewhere. When I click Install Applications I only have a choice between Git and Node.js, both of which are far more useful to us than PHP Composer, Docker, Speed Kit, etc. If the designers's idea was to reduce the number of icons and simplify the presentation then it would seem to make sense to let the user select which ones to show.

At the very least it would be nice if we could decide which applications are 'default' somewhere. When I click Install Applications I only have a choice between Git and Node.js, both of which are far more useful to us than PHP Composer, Docker, Speed Kit, etc. If the designers's idea was to reduce the number of icons and simplify the presentation then it would seem to make sense to let the user select which ones to show.

True, the new feature seems to override the Service Plan settings. When I disable access to the Laravel Toolkit and Git, it still shows those options when I choose "Install Application". The WordPress Toolkit is completely missing on the "Install Application" sidebar. I'm not sure how this was intended to work.

Totally agree. I don't use Docker, Node or Speed Kit for example, as well as many other things.

I may need 20% of all the bloat I see there.

Fewer icons = better.

@LuBre have you seen that in 2.4.7, published April 4th,
  • The “Git” button was moved from the “Install Application’ drawer to the domain card. Also, the button is now shown in domain overview.
  • A detailed warning message is shown if the extension cannot perform post-deployment actions.

Back