• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

LDA error message since last Plesk core update

Schneidi

New Pleskian
Hi,

since last plesk core update i find the following message in my SYSLOG:

postfix-local[16399]: process '/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d "$DELIVERED_TO"' stderr : lda([email protected],)Error: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: Permission denied

For me and my customer it looks fine and all is working, but this message fear me a little bit and i want this be fixed :)

My System:

Betriebssystem ‪Debian 8.11‬
3.16.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.68-2 (2019-06-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Produkt Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #60, zuletzt aktualisiert: 9. Juli 2019 22:33:48

What i did ?
I search for this kind of issue and all post i found was to correct update dovecot.conf under /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

I check the file permissions on /var/run/dovecot/stats-writer

srw-rw---- 1 root root 0 Jul 10 15:45 stats-reader
srw-rw---- 1 root dovecot 0 Jul 10 15:45 stats-writer

And add to my dovecot.conf:

service stats {
unix_listener stats-reader {
user = root
group = root
mode = 0660
}

unix_listener stats-writer {
user = root
group = dovecot
mode = 0660
}
}

But without success.

I didn't find other solution or any other config file with this kind of setting on my server. (searched with grep the whole hdd)

Would be nice to get any feedback to this issue.

Thank you
regards
Schneidi

Fixed - I added this to my dovecot.conf and restarted.

service stats {
group = dovecot
mode = 0666
user =
}
}

Then: systemctl restart dovecot

Hi,

changed my config and had no error message anymore in the last 6 h but will still monitor, Thank you :)

Cya
Schneidi

For some reason this fix above doesn't work for me. I had to use this to get it to work cleanly:

Code:
service stats {
group = dovecot
mode = 0666
user = root
}
}

Last edited:
Hey. I'm getting the error below:

Aug 29 23:02:57 plesk postfix-local[2755091]: process '/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d "$DELIVERED_TO"' stderr : /bin/sh: /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda: Permission denied
Aug 29 23:02:57 plesk postfix/pipe[2755090]: 5DFE41002E1: to=<email address>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=8.5, delays=6.5/0.01/0/2, dsn=4.2.1, status=deferred (Message can not be delivered at this time )

This seems to be affecting all the incoming messages as far as I can tell. It's doing my head in, as I have tried all the things I could find that others have suggested and had success with, but as you can see, I am still posting here for help.

-rwxr-x--- 1 root dovecot 23K Aug 21 21:53 /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda

Anything you would like me to confirm, please ask. Any suggestions that aren't in this thread so far would be good.

I don't think customers have realised yet, and I only stumbled upon it because I was doing some other work. Some messages were just being deferred and turning up later, but now all the emails are just stuck in the queue waiting to be processed.

-rwxr-x--- 1 root dovecot 23K Aug 21 21:53 /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda

Anything you would like me to confirm, please ask. Any suggestions that aren't in this thread so far would be good.

I just checked all of my servers and they all have different permissions on the dovecot-lda executable:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22720 Aug 21 10:45 /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda

So do a chmod 755 on that file and see if it helps.

Just for reference: All files in /usr/libexec/dovecot have 755 permissions on my servers.

Well, too many issue and configuration pages out there. Had made some changes from Dovecot wiki (think it was official one) and got the issue above.

Thank you Monty... after making that change (even though wiki had said not to set it that way), I got back to square one:
Aug 30 00:25:00 plesk postfix-local[2781104]: process '/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d "$DELIVERED_TO"' stderr : lda(email address)Error: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: Permission denied

From there I was able to apply the fix provided by zwankie again and after restarting the service it worked.

Back